So I want to play the violin...

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Sproggs, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Dude, violins have to be one of the most bad ass instruments ever. They sound so epic! lol anyways..

I want to take up the violin. How difficult are they to learn? I have a bit of musical background, I was first chair all through JR. High and my freshman year of highschool, so I know how to read music and stuffz.

But what are some tips and advice you guys have? Also price estimates would be highly appreciated.

Thanks for the help!! :)

2. My daughter plays the violin (as well as piano) and she didn't have a difficult time picking it up. (She is 11)
    I do not believe that everybody learns at the same rate, so in terms of how difficult it is to play, I can not tell you. I picked up her violin and could play a very novice song under her instruction! LOL!!! Give it a shot.

I think if you like it and you develop a passion for it (just like anything else) it will come easy to you!

Good luck! Hope to see you in a major symphony someday...Maybe next to my daughter....That would be cool! :D

3. I've always wanted (or dreamed) to play in the Trans-Siberian Orchestra...that would be so wicked :D

How much did you pay for her violin, do you remember?

4. I played violin from 4th grade all the way through freshmen year. It wasn't crazy difficult, but it definitely requires a good amount of practice if you wanna be any good at it. I don't remember exactly how much my violin used to cost, but it wasn't too expensive. Somewhere between $100-200.