So I Want To Move Away

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by K-9, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Life just isn't going my way at the moment, I'm not complaining but I feel like I need a break. Has anyone ever just picked up and left? To another state, country? Did it help??

2. You can't run from your problems, or so I've heard.  Never tried it myself.

3. I have a couple times. It helped but I finally understand that "wherever you go there you are" thing. I don't regret it. I'd probably regret not moving, if I didn't. Do it, man!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Well I was speaking to my cousin about an hour ago an she up and left for Hawaii with nothing and no one and now she is constantly happy. I think I am going to do it ☺️

5. "No matter where you go you are who you are playa,
    You can try an change it but thats just the top layer
    Man you was who you was before you got here."

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I've thought about the Hawaii thing.. There are farms you can work on for a place to live. I've looked into it a lot. Do it! 😃

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. You won't be any different other than relief from your problems wherever you are (parents/work/girlfriend/boyfriend I'm assuming). I had a chance to leave for a week in April after some shit went down between my parents and myself and I didn't speak to them while I drove from NJ to south Cali and it was amazing. You really can relocate whenever you want to wherever you want, just know that when you leave you are most likely on your own and that can be very difficult sometimes even while being familiar with your surroundings.

8. #8 snoopdog6502, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2014

No but people who fucked me over moved to other states to save their ass.

9. Find your path, mate.

Life wasn't going my way once, so I sold everything to my name and bought a one way ticket to Australia. It was the best decision I've ever made. If that sounds interesting to you, look into the Australian Work and Holiday visa.

Good luck.

10. #10 SpaaaceCowboy, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2014
    Go to Alaska, and become a fisherman....Plus they should be legalizing weed soon too.

11. Isnt cost of living in Australia ridiculous?

Yelawolf talked about going up to Alaska to work on a boat, he said it sucked major ass lol.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. It's shockingly ridiculous. But minimum wage is high and I know countless travelers, myself included, who came with nothing to their name and found enough success to live, travel, work, and go home with more than they came with.

13. I live in Australia already :) where abouts did you go to in aus?? I can get a dual citizenship passport for England so I could work in Europe, how were you able to work in Australia with no visa????

14. depending on what you are trying to get away from, moving may or may not help. for me, I was trying to get away from the crowd & substances I had fallen into and figured moving would be enough... sure it helped for awhile but I didn't make any actual lifestyle changes so within 6 months of moving 1000 miles away I was basically in exactly the same position I previously was. 

but if you are moving just for the hell of it and to experience something new, I'd say go for it. 

15. up and leaving is dumb. starting over all again getting a place and a steady job. you might hate the situation you're in now but just up and leaving to another state/ country more than likely you're gonna get sick of the situation that puts you in to.. welcome to life

16. Oh, guess that scraps that plan. :laughing:

I'm in Darwin, been here for three years. Came from the UK on a working holiday visa and then was sponsored by my employer for permanent residency.

Landed in Brissy then hitched my way north through QLD and then across to the NT where I fell for a pretty girl and ended up staying.

17. Haha that's awesome, did you enjoy qld while you were here? Is it easy to get a working holiday visa in other countries?

18. #18 El Duderino, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2014
    i want to move to Trinidad&Tobago. i lived there for a couple of years when i was 8 or so. my father married a native woman and had some kids with her about 10 years ago, so i kinda have some family connections on the island.

i would start a bicycle and moped/small engine sales and repair shop.

Yeah mate, love Queensland. Love it up here in Darwin, but I wanna be somewhere with surf. My wife and I were planning on moving to Sunny Coast before we decided to travel more instead.

Oz has working holiday partnerships with a lot of countries. Most allow you to work and travel in the country for up to 12 months. I'm not sure how easy it is, but a buddy of mine is going to do one in Canada and it sounded a lot more complicated then the simple Aussie WHV. I think the UK visa is easy for Aussies to get. Here's a link to an overview that lists the countries.