Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

So I want to be a stoner

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by starbound, Dec 6, 2013.

1. #41 lazytoker, Dec 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2013
    The saying "3rd times a charm" came from stoners (not really). Sometimes you don't get high until the third time. When you smoke next, take the same amount of hits as you have been. Maybe slightly bigger hits, deep in the lungs and hold em in for 5-6 seconds. How is the quality of the bud?

2. Took me like 10 times to get high. All I had tried was pipes then I went to my cousins and there were like 5 or 6 of us hitting his vape and I said fuck it and kept up with him hitting his vape. Hit it like 10 times until they said maybe I should take a break. Then I sat for like 5
    Minutes and I said I still don't feel it, my cousin said really? Cause your eyes are fucking red. And I was like lol really, then the laughs began, and they never stopped haha. I hit that vape hard not knowing the temp was pretty low so I'm pretty sure I got like straight thc. Then I went to my other cousins and hit his bong and volcano and let's just say, I knew that I was fucking high, everyone in the room knew I was fucking high.

Basically just smoke a good amount and if you green out, all that happens is you feel like shit for a couple hours. Buuuut if it all smacks you in the face and you are super high it will probably be one of the best nights of your life. Seems worth it to me. And ya weed was nothing like what I expected. No one will be able to accurately describe it to youx

3. I honestly can't remember getting high my first few times smoking actually. It takes a few times to really grasp the feeling of what being high feels like.

4. #44 CO80525, Dec 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2013
    what do you mean take you step by step to get high?
    1- you pack a bowl of bud
    2- you light that bowl with a lighter to burn it
    3- you inhale
    4- you get high

btw it took me 8 smoking seshes before I got baked so keep that in mind

5. I guess you could say I'm a pussy lol that's the only way to put it. I'm scared on how it will make me feelSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Hey pal! ... Welcome to GC! 

Been a chronic smoker for 10yrs, first off.... 
    1/ Buy yourself a vape, save your lungs dude. 
    2/ Stay away from the voices.... Don't ever talk back to em... No matter how nice they are. 
    3/ You ever find yourself in a spot of paranoia thats too extreme, just remember your gonna die one day. This is why we call ourselfs what we are and do what we do. 

Try and explore the revolution of marijuana and what our historic tokers stood for, you should maybe consider doing something productive with your high time such as a creative arts project, writting a book or making music. 

Walk tall and Live Free! 
    - Komatic  :bongin:

7. #47 weedandtubes, Dec 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2013
    http://youtu.be/nAZI4ydY6R8?t=30s
    Edit: Dammit, now I have to rewatch that movie, tonight...

8. Lol! I'm anxiety ridden pretty much and anything could set me off, I just don't want to feel badSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

It'll be good. Getting used to a marijuana high is the best thing for anxiety. I know ive taken Lexipro. baad stuff to come off of.

10. [quote name="Ozric Tentacles" post="19114831" timestamp="1386373183"]It'll be good. Getting used to a marijuana high is the best thing for anxiety. I know ive taken Lexipro. baad stuff to come off of.[/quote]So honestly I'd be better off smoking than getting prescribed something for my anxiety? My anxiety is mostly medical fear. Like if I have a swollen node I'll just fall apart an Really think I'm going to die in a week. Is rather smoke then take all that harmful stuff. I really just don't want weed to trigger something horrible in my anxiety.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. #51 Headphones, Dec 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2013

What im saying is weed can make you have an anxiety attack, but only when you're first getting the idea of what its like. Once you're used to it (what im saying is after x amount of times, 2-3 at the most, youre not gonna be surprised and shocked by being high lol) it will be better than any prescription medication that affects your serotonin levels like anti-depressants. They are and will always be terrible solutions to an easier-than-thought problem. If you simply try it, and get over any anxiety attack the first time you get high, you conquered anxiety. Cuz regular use of weed can really help that (especially indica dominant strains) Unless you have to smoke behind the backs of parents or something in which case you might be anxious all the time... 

Also once your brain is used to knowing what high is, you can dose yourself accordingly. one or two puffs just to take the edge off, youre not really high, just buzzed. Smoke a bunch and odds are you'll get anxious.

Also if your anxiety comes from a serotonin deficiency you might want to consider taking vitamin b3 (niacin). it may make your skin flush a bit (kinda like having sunburn but not as bad) but take that for a couple of weeks and you might find you naturally straightened out and are less anxious.

I started taking lexipro after I quit marijuana because I realized my anxiety that ive sorta had all my life was coming back. I quit lexipro because of the dependency and now take a 500mg niacin daily and im right as rain. 

12. [quote name="Ozric Tentacles" post="19115698" timestamp="1386383312"]What im saying is weed can make you have an anxiety attack, but only when you're first getting the idea of what its like. Once you're used to it (what im saying is after x amount of times, 2-3 at the most, youre not gonna be surprised and shocked by being high lol) it will be better than any prescription medication that affects your serotonin levels like anti-depressants. They are and will always be terrible solutions to an easier-than-thought problem. If you simply try it, and get over any anxiety attack the first time you get high, you conquered anxiety. Cuz regular use of weed can really help that (especially indica dominant strains) Unless you have to smoke behind the backs of parents or something in which case you might be anxious all the time... Also once your brain is used to knowing what high is, you can dose yourself accordingly. one or two puffs just to take the edge off, youre not really high, just buzzed. Smoke a bunch and odds are you'll get anxious.Also if your anxiety comes from a serotonin deficiency you might want to consider taking vitamin b3 (niacin). it may make your skin flush a bit (kinda like having sunburn but not as bad) but take that for a couple of weeks and you might find you naturally straightened out and are less anxious.I started taking lexipro after I quit marijuana because I realized my anxiety that ive sorta had all my life was coming back. I quit lexipro because of the dependency and now take a 500mg niacin daily and im right as rain. [/quote]Thank you so much, I'm going to pick up a g soon. If I do go to the dr for anxiety should I mention weed to him? Would doctors ever recommend weed? Not recommend but turn a blind eye if you will. I've heard some ppl being allergic to weed, how would I know if I was? Just to clear it up there's no way smoking weed can kill me correct?Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Never heard of a weed allergy, and there has never been a recorded death attributed to marijuana consumption. It wont and cant kill you.

No if you don't live in a medical state I would not bring up marijuana. To be honest I wouldn't go see the doctor about anxiety to because they use prescriptions to help diagnose. Anxiety is a vague thing to do with chemical levels (usually serotonin) in the brain and MOST doctors are gonna be like, "well im gonna prescribe you this and we'll see how things go" they use anti-depressants to treat anxiety, you don't want it. Get used to pot and smoke just enough to get the calm buzz that comes on before getting stoned, and if you increase your intake of vitamin b3 for a little while, that should be more than enough. Don't let a doctor hook you on something just for anxiety, its very easy to treat.

14. You're overthinking it TOO MUCH. Stop, please. Really, stop trying to find out what being high feels like. It'll ruin the whole experience.
    Don't be paranoid or have anxiety over getting high either because NOTHING is going to happen. You're going to feel good. Compared to being drunk, being high is 50x better.
    Overall, don't be scared, paranoid, or have anxiety because nothing's going to happen. Stop trying to figure out what it feels like before you experience it, just let the magic herb do the work.

15. It took me my third time to get high, and when I got high my third time smoking, my God, I was high. The first two times I smoked, I felt something. But I knew it wasn't the high because it just wasn't enough. Maybe it was my mind playing tricks on me. But the third time, I had really good quality weed, and it took me into space

16. Roll up... Toke up.

17. Drinking before school? pretty sure that'd be sign of an alcoholic :/

18. [quote name="D00DY_T00DY" post="19117486" timestamp="1386407950"]Drinking before school? pretty sure that'd be sign of an alcoholic :/[/quote]Nah bro I didn't depend on it, and I can stop anytime and have. I just liked the buzz is all. One reason I'm switching to weedSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. [quote name="Ozric Tentacles" post="19116097" timestamp="1386387612"]Never heard of a weed allergy, and there has never been a recorded death attributed to marijuana consumption. It wont and cant kill you.No if you don't live in a medical state I would not bring up marijuana. To be honest I wouldn't go see the doctor about anxiety to because they use prescriptions to help diagnose. Anxiety is a vague thing to do with chemical levels (usually serotonin) in the brain and MOST doctors are gonna be like, "well im gonna prescribe you this and we'll see how things go" they use anti-depressants to treat anxiety, you don't want it. Get used to pot and smoke just enough to get the calm buzz that comes on before getting stoned, and if you increase your intake of vitamin b3 for a little while, that should be more than enough. Don't let a doctor hook you on something just for anxiety, its very easy to treat.[/quote]Right, how would describe a calm buzz? You're info is perfect btw, thanks broSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum