so i wanna try using my dads soldering iron

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by purplemudkip, Aug 30, 2011.

1. I wanna use it to light bongs and shit. Just try it once to see what all the hype is about, and whether or not an herb iron would be worth it.

My dad is pretty anti-weed, but he's also kind of dumb.
    So I'd need a good excuse as to why I'd have to borrow his soldering iron.
    I'd also need to know if the iron would smell like weed or not upon returning it to him.

HALP :hello:

2. try and get a ceramic tip and you're set

3. Yes... do not use the tip that's already on it, covered in metal debris. I would also normally suggest dismantling it to check the element... but since it's not yours, maybe you should just cough up the $15, and buy a ceramic soldering iron off good ol' ebay. :)

4. Make sure for ceramics!!1112

5. Okay, ceramic tip. What should I tell him that I'm using it for?

6. Tell him you want to use it on a hot chick who's into that sort of stuff.

lol

tbh, if your gona be a sneaky and lie anyways, then just take it when he's not there and try it. no difference in level of disrespect.

:p

7. This.

8. Tell him you just enrolled in the Josef "Angel of Death" Mengele school of medicine

9. Unless you have electronics that need soldering then there really aren't any other uses you can make up. Probably best to either get your own or do as said above and just try it when he isn't around.

If you are careful enough to not touch it to your bud then it probably wont smell, if it does touch then there could be some resin on it, but if it gets hot enough it should burn and you should be able to just wipe it off once its cooled down.

10. Don't use that tip. Solder has lead and will fuck you up.

11. Yeah a used sauter iron is a recipe for lead poisoning. Just freaking buy one, your dad is going to be hella pissed next time he goes to fix a pcb and the ceramic element is exposed

12. or use hemp wick and dont lie?

13. Guys, you can knock it off with the preaching. I know it's shitty, but I don't exactly respect my dad in the first place.

14. Don't use a sodering iron unless its a hakko or it was made for smoking.

15. So if you disrespect him so much, what are you doing living in his house, sleeping in a bed he probably bought for you, and using his belongings?

16. arent you on probation until 6/14/12?

17. tell him in one of your electrical components whether it be a lamp a radio , etc whatever, has broken wires and you need to solder it back together to fix it.

18. Herb iron all the way man

19. This.

20. op is not old enough to buy a lighter