so i wanna get a pittbull..

Discussion in 'General' started by 420Physics, Dec 26, 2010.

1. i want to buy a pitbull because i found recently i need a companion in terms of an animal around the house to be friendly with and i was taken by how masculine and handsome this breed was so i decided. it was to a be pittbull for my first dog.
    Anyone have any experience with this breed and can give me helpful insite for this kind of puppy?

2. If this is your first dog I would not get a pit. They are highly trainable but if you're a pansy boy you'll have difficulties.

3. Do you have your own place already?

The only reason I ask is because if you're a young adult still living with your parents and planning on moving out sometime within the next few years, a pit bull may vastly limit your choices (depending on which state you live in).

Around here, almost all rental houses and apartments have breed restrictions that stop people from living there with a pit bull.
    There are craigslist ads on a daily basis from people trying to give away their pit bull because they decided to move and can't find a place without breed restrictions. It's very sad, actually. :(

4. pansy boy? nah man i can handle my own shit

5. Haha all right, it just is not really rational for someone to get a Pit as their first dog. They are wonderful animals but I've seen even the chillest ones turn in an instant. You need to mentally prepare yourself for potentially having your dog slaughtered if he attacks someone or someone's animal. In addition to the fines, negative reputation that will come about etc.. They are very territorial and protective but if you exercise caution with them they can be great animals. Like I said, first go around I would not suggest it, they require a lot of attention exercise and training.