So i vacuummed my plants

Discussion in 'General' started by lindsay711, Jan 16, 2014.

1. I had spidermites and flipped out, i bought mightywash and drenched my plants with it

needless to say that shit is POTENT, killed every last one of em, i know because i was litterly sitting and staring at the leaves for like 20 minutes (im paranoid)

but even tho their dead they're still all over my plants

i tried spraying them with water but it didnt really do much

so i came up with this genius idea to take out my dirt devil put on the little attachment used for getting in tight corners and vacuuming the shit outta my plants xD

i spent about a half hour vacuuming each plant and i am feel like a boss

my plants r perfectly A-ok and completely mite free now :3

has anyone ever vacuumed their plants before? i feel so smart but so stupid at the same time, like who does that? XD

2. Hahaha love it Should steam clean them too Sent from my SM-N9005 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. It's not hard to kill adult spider mites, it's the eggs that's the problem. You did not kill the eggs with mightywash. In a day or two there will be more mites. Get neem oil and wipe down the leaves with it...then give it a good spray.

4. its good man, the plant wont mind the gentle caressing from the brushes on the attachment.

This, agree 100%

Don't spray your plant with chemicals, there's no need to.

You may have kept them at bay by vacuuming, but they are so damn small there's bound to be some that you missed, which will shortly multiply into more.

Using neem oil inhibits the mite's reproductive system, and after about a week or two, as long as you apply it 2-3 times a week right at the beginning of the dark period (because light degrades neem's effects) then you won't have mites for the rest of your operation.  It also helps prevent powdery mildew and a bunch of other insects, which could be a problem based on your environment  You'll also want to stop using it a few weeks before harvesting your plants.  I use dyna-gro neem oil but you can use any brand you desire so long as it's just neem oil without anything else added to it.

In order to apply it effectively, go to dollar store or walmart or something and buy a spray bottle.  Add to a quart of water 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of neem and 1 teaspoon of hand soap.  All you have to do now is shake and spray, if you have excess make sure to store it in the fridge as it can be used again. 

Good luck. 

6. I totally use my shop vac to eat them damn mitesSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

really? i thought it killed both adults and eggs.

eitherway i already bought mighty wash and dont have money on my card atm to buy neem oil.

ill deffinatly buy some in the future tho

ive ben spraying my plants down every other day with mighty wash and ben vacuuming them regularly because i really dont want this problem again x_x so far ive seen a few here and there but compared to before their looking good :3

8. Anyone who says Mighty doesn't kill eggs hasn't used it...

9. I've smoked spider mites before, they're not THT bad

10. Hey just a warning...I've been in your shoes before and also vacuumed my plants. I can almost garuntee that you didn't kill every single mite. Right now those mother fuckers are breeding like crazy inside your vacuum! I had a special vacuum I'd leave in my grow room for leaves and such and after vacuuming up "dead" mites I let the vacuum sit for a while in the corner of the room. Days later it looked like my vacuum was moving, it was literally covered in fucking mites. I've done the whole mighty wash thing before and ime it works pretty decent if you keep up with it every other day for a couple weeks. But personally I'd go with the people who say use neem, and then maybe use your mighty wash as maintenance spraying. Good luck