Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

So I Told My Mom I Smoke Pot.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TheMindFreak, Aug 23, 2013.

1. So after taking peoples advice to tell my parents that I smoke, I did. And they got mad, I thought of all people my pot loving parents would be the most accepting. I really feel alienated right now and I think I made a bad decision. Anyone got any funny stories about telling their parents? I really need to something to bring me up. :/

2. So one summer i started spending a lot of time at a friend house and my parants knew this kid had quite a past with questionable substances. Didnt help he lived in this house by himself. I only ever smoked weed and spice there and to my knowledge he didnt do anything else but i know he was a big time coke user at one point. So one day i was taking a nap at my house and my mom walk in and she was crying and seemed quite upset. First thing she asked was if i do drugs. I was still not really awake and the first thing out of my mouth was "no mom i only smoke marijuana". she then said "Oh i dont care about that, i have smoked weed a lot when i was your age, you dont do anything else do you?"

We talked for a bit longer about drug use and she never once said she cared i smoked weed. After she left i was amazed how i just told her with out even any hesitation and her reaction. After this my dad started joking about how much marijuana me and my friends are going to smoke in our new appartment at my college. So he probably knows now also. Neither are angry or have made any attempt to get me to stop. Guess im pretty lucky. 

I think my mom was so worried because my dad may have found a gravity bong i made in our basement and probably assumed such a device was ment for hardcore drugs.

3. I'd say give them a few days. They might be defensive because they do not want to be hypocritical and realize you have them in a tough spot. Chin up, now you don't have any reason to be paranoid about hiding it. No more having to keep stories straight. I think once they let it soak in they'll appreciate that they raised a kid that feels responsible enough to tell his parents voluntarily.

My funny story. My dad came with me to my buddies knowing I was gonna try it for the first time. He smoked a few joints with the group, I ate 2 brownies got completely blown, he drove me back to my parents house paraded me in front of my mom laughing his ass off and they helped me up to the guest room to sleep it off.

4. ^ Yeah exactly, thinking time always works wonders on parents, hopefully before you know it they are taking bong rips with you and sharing the good times. :metal:

5. Thats awesome...

6. I've tried for years to get my mom to smoke a bowl with me, most I can get is a few drags off my vape :(

7. my parents were like that, i just told them that it does nothing wrong. it helped me a lot when i told them (i was 16 at the time and had been smoking since i was 14) that i still consistently got straight A's and my attendance was pretty good

8. They can't be super mad if you told them cause you could of just kept hiding it.

9. I would think the best time to tell your folks you smoke would be after you have your own place.

10. I assume your parents are smokers aswell from your post. I just don't understand why they would get mad. maybe it was your timing? if you don't mind me asking how old are you? I wouldn't be upset at my kids if they told me they smoked, but it would play a huge factor on how old they were. like if they were 11 I would be furious. but around 16 every kid has there moment, they should be glad that you came to them.

11. ^True age has a lot of influence on parents reaction. I still feel 16 is a bit too young. Eventually they'll accept the fact that you smoke Marijuana and then they'll not be mad at you anymore. Don't worry, they still love you and nothing can change that. Just let it soak in a bit and things will get better.

I've never told my parents I smoke. I know my dad would be furious since he's more oldschool than my mom. In fact, the other day I was talking with my mom, I forgot exactly what it was, but it brought the subject of marijuana to the table. I was telling her how Marijuana isn't dangerous and that the only reason it was still Illegal was because of tobacco and pharmaceutical companies. I also told her it was legal before, and that George Washington used to grow his own. While I was talking, she kind of said she wanted to try it. But I'm not sure if she said it as a joke or was just testing me to spill the beans of my marijuana usage. I didn't tell her anything about her saying that though. But I'd love to smoke a joint or two with her. But I din't know, I don't think that'll happen.

12. my parents never really brought it up.  they have been finding zig zags, pipes and plastic baggies in my room since i was 12 years old.  the first time they even found any of my weed was when i was 19 and even then my father turned to my mother and said "well, i mean i dont care.  should i flush it or give it back?"  my mom flushed it just so she could do the mom move.