so i thought about spending some money on Ehle stuff

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Monk Hughes, May 6, 2009.

1. #1 Monk Hughes, May 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2009
    after a long time using papers to smoke i gained sympathy in bongs so i want to get my own. the choice would be clearly
    an 18,8 1000ml bent ice bong
    and a diffusor chillum

optionally i could purchase one or more items of these:
    a dust catcher
    or a charcoal filter piece to be put between bowl and chillum
    or a special bowl to use a screen with

although i never heard of anyone using charcoal yet it sounds kinda attractive, as well as the bowl and the dust catcher.
    which setup would you guys recommend or clearly want me to avoid?

edit: move the thread to Apprentice Tokers if you want.

2. how much does that catcher run for?

3. #3 Monk Hughes, May 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2009
    50 euro which is about 65 dollars or 45 pounds but i don't expect the shop i'm going to order from to ship anywhere outside the german speaking countries.

4. thats cool, i like that thing a lot. i want one. has anyone here used one? hit well? drag?

5. it looks like just a dry aschatcher, any drag added would be pretty minimal. that things gonna get super dirty

6. they have them on edit, i got one from a local blower i think but it works pretty well... def gets nasty tho i dont use it much anymore

7. thanks so far, guys! opinions on using charcoal and screens?

8. I own the ehle carbon adapter and the screen notch bowl.

the carbon adapter works amazingly well. theres some added drag to the 14.5, but you shouldnt have to worry about it with the 18.8. also you will need a screen for the adapter. I suggest using a glass screen because its a bitch to put a metal screen in and out of there. I hear the meteor type screens work well but I havent tried it yet.

the screen notch bowl I use a lot for kief. its thin glass but still pretty strong. ive dropped mine a few times and there and it looks as new as the day I got it. another great thing about this bowl is it adds no drag so expect a big hit.

the only thing you need to do with the carbon before you use it is soak it in water once it stops fizzing dry it out and its ready to use.

9. go with the carbon adaptor, you won't be disappointed

10. i wouldn't need the ashcatcher if i went with the filter adapter, would i?

11. Nope the carbon filter will keep your piece plenty clean :D