So i this is a first time

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Newbie93, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Just wondering if anyone else has ran into this and what i should do. I planted 1 seed of afghan kush special by WOS. 1570662131573.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  2. I have PERSONALLY never ran across that.......that's pretty cool though.........Had you planned on transplanting anyway?

3. I saw that once before in the last year.
    Eenie meenie miney mo... which one will you snip?

4. I did plan to transplant i a couple weeks to a 5gal.

5. I dont know. When should i snip? Is it okay to snip it so young? And will it just come right back?

6. I'm seeing two plants popping; you're saying you planted one seed.
    I saw that, here, once.
    I can think of nothing other than to snip one growth and let the other continue.

7. OH I COULDN'T HELP but try to "pull them up" and see if I could splice them........I would just HAVE to try....

8. I might try that.

9. I had that happen a couple times. I just trained them to opposite sides of the pot until they were about a foot apart. It worked out OK, since I grow in 19 gallon rubbermaid tubs and they weren't crowded. Single seed twins will grow in one pot without "fighting" - they are genetically identical. If you have two non-related plants in a tub, one will almost always dominate the other.

Plants Know Their Relatives — And Like Them! Plants Know Their Relatives — And Like Them!

Granny

10. I am NOT saying I don't believe you.....but do you have something to back that up....other than for specifially mustard seeds??? I just feel as though "natural selection" would still take over.......

11. I haven't run across any studies on plant twinning specifically related to cannabis. When I do, I'll post it up (the number of marijuana/cannabis studies is way up this year). My son, who grows citrus, says that this twinning is also fairly common in citrus seeds.

In the two sets of single seed twins I had (years apart), both twins were about equal in vigor. If one had been obviously weaker, I would have killed it- just as natural selection would have. But since both sets were healthy, I let them all live- with a little training to allow them to grow better.

I don't know what the results would have been if they were in smaller pots, but having almost 10 gallons of rich soil each + feeding them seemed to work out OK for me. But having success twice with something is only a trend, and could be attributed to luck.

I normally put 2 clones or female seedlings of the same variety in each tub. Mixing varieties didn't work as well because one plant always seemed to dominate, even with two different indica varieties (I need indicas for medical reasons, so I grow more of them). Those are just my personal observations. I don't grow a lot of plants, but I put my first seed in the ground in the early 1970s.

Granny

• Like Like x 1
  12. I would leave it because there both connected to each other. So now you start off with two main shoots it’s still all one plant. I wish I had that problem

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum