So I think I have a warrant out for my arrest. FML.

Discussion in 'General' started by HighOnTheHill, Aug 17, 2011.

1. It's really, really, really fucking stupid too. Basically I missed a court date this last Friday. Over a case that's years old and is already done and over with - they just need to do a "case review" to verify that I completed my terms of "informal probation" where I didn't have any sort of official supervision - no PO, no meetings, no nothing.

They've been continuing my court date to "next month" for over a year now. For instance, it was supposed to be in June. Then a week before I was to go, they sent a letter saying it was postponed to July. Now they did it again to August 12th I believe. They've been doing that since LAST summer.

Total bullshit. My court/probation fees were paid before I was even released from jail. I had no supervision whatsoever - no way to really violate probation. All that court date is for is so that the prosecutor or my public defender or whoever can tell the judge that.

And I may be going to jail for missing a court date that was supposed to happen in the summer of 2010.

2. Thats weird, because I think I have a warrant too, for the same reason, but I missed my date because I never got a letter from the court house telling me when my second court date was, I found out from a friend after it happened that i was supposed to be there.My case is fresh though, I haven't even been charged yet, that was supposed to happen the 15th, but like i said i didnt know i had to go.

3. the system fails!

4. y didnt u just go?

5. Call the court house, explain your situation and why you did not go. They may work with you as long as you approach them.

6. Same thing happen to be, but more fucked up.
    So I went to court and paid all my fines and everything.
    Judge said that I need a follow up court date.
    It was a day after I left to the Middle East, so we called the judge to tell him. He said it was fine and he will just close the case, no problem.

Well a few weeks after I left, police showed up to my house harassing my dad. My dad told them about what the judge said, they said they didn't care.
    They fucking called my grandma's house over here in the middle east and tried to get a hold of me, but they didn't speak to me.
    They sent my dad to court instead.

7. The justice system is a crock. Either you go to court and get bent over, or you pay a lawyer a couple stacks and get bent over that way.

8. Are you sure it isn't a bench warrant?

Usually they send this first via mail then you get cop knocking on the door if you don't appear a second time.

It's all bs revenue generating. Best of luck to you.

9. Don't break the law asshole! (sorry I just watched liar liar).