So I think I have a problem here

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by starscr33m, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Okay so I'm a little over 2 weeks into flowering. I head read some posts and a few people say it could be a mag def or a phosphorus def or even PH lockout? I have been noticing whole leaf stems are falling off of the plant with the browning leaves attached. Could someone please help me in determining what's going on? I've been trying to ph my water at 6.0 for the past couple of weeks and I've been using Botanicares bloom formula. Three days ago I watered with cal/mag and silica blast and haven't seen an improvement. Help!

Attached Files:

2. Wow man looks like the exact problem I am having but not as fierce. I also thought it was a calcium or mag Problem. I've watered with cal-mag a couple times with nutes but absolutely no improvement. Maybe it is a lockout.

3. Yeah it's a bummer dude. I have two plants side by side and this one is not healthy at all yet plant #2 is doing just fine.

4. Well if you gave more nutz, then check your pH is then next thing buddz :D

nutz work between 5.8 and 6.8 :) so aim for that :)

hope this help you both :D PEACE!!!

5. Thanks king! I just flushed with 6.0 ph water today so I can start fresh and make sure it's not some sort of salt build up on the roots, hoping this will be beneficial. when it needs water again I'll hit it with 1/2 strength nutes, haven't seen any burn with 1/4 strength so we shall see what happens. Oh trial an error, how I loathe you.

6. Hey Starscr33m,

Hows it going? any news on looking different yet? No problem for helping :D Just would like to know how they come out :D

7. Nothing new as of yet to be honest, I'll throw some pictures up soon if I see any improvement!

8. Nothing new as of yet to be honest, I'll throw some pictures up soon if I see any improvement!

9. Flushing isn't good for plants that don't have 'burn', because it's not an overabundance of something that is causeing you pain, it's a deficiency, so flushing what you do have in the soil out isn't a good thing. Feed them, and use that cal-mag you bought because you are totally right, it's a calcuim def. feed them 1/2 stength nutes minimum, with the cal-mag added also, and only when the ph is stable at 6.5 for a minimum of 2 hours. They will love you.

That being a calcuim deficiency, you won't see 'improvement' in the old leaves bacause it's not a mobile nutrient, so the old leaves keep the battle scars...but your new growth will be normal.

10. Alright skunk when should I feed them?

11. I'd do it now.

12. Kinda looks like phosphorus deficiency if you ask me

13. Okay took a few more pictures today. A few more branches literally just fell off from the stem.

Attached Files:

14. They will die and fall off as the plant uses up what it can from them. Feed them, they will continue to grow.

15. Have u used any kind of foliar spray on them at all

16. Phew okay skunk thanks. I didn't know that they die as they're used up. And no I haven't used any foilar spray