So... I think I found Enlightenment

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by 303Stoner, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Im taking a Rhetoric class and a Philosophy class and lately we have read The Yellow Wallpaper, The Allegory of the Cave, and have been discussing Descarte's argument for dualism, that the mind the body are separate entities.

I've always been a pretty spiritual person but all of this stuff seemed intangible to me until the other night when I went to a Widespread Panic concert. It was more the substances I took probably, but ever since the concert, I've just felt so in tune with the universe, realizing that there is a spiritual realm as well, and that my body and the physical realm is only part of the world which we actually live in.

Anyway, it just kind of feels like The Matrix, where I'm more aware of the actual world we live in, rather than the physical world and the 'Machine' that the Man has created. I feel like the guys in the Cave who finally found the light after being subjected to the 2D images on the wall for 18 years of my life. I have no other word for it but Enlightenment.

Just thought I'd share it with all you blades and see if anyone else has had a similar experience. Its like all this philosophy and spirituality finally makes sense now. Blades, I've found Enlightenment! Everything in life just seems perfect and nature has taken on a whole new experience. Its like everything small in life has a thousand stories to tell me!

Peace. Love. :hippie:

2. Congratulations. Everyone says enlightenment can't be described in words. Enjoy the world as it is!

3. True enlightenment is something found in you, not from drugs which can only immitate the true feeling. True enlightenment lasts you for life. It is not something easily achieved by any means.

4. while enlightenment stays with you forever, it does lose some novelty

5. Not at all...you should read the book Siddhartha then come talk to me and tell me what you think about englightment is. The book will "enlighten" you as what to enlightment is :cool:...its by Herman Hesse.

6. #6 TheJourney, Nov 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2010
    It all depends how you define enlightenment. If you want to call what you have experienced enlightenment, and you feel it helps you on your path, then that's great. I know i've had a drastic change in understanding and consciousness, that i'm sure most people who experience it call enlightenment, but I don't like to call myself enlightened. There are multiple reasons for this. Enlightenment sounds so final. I would call myself enlightened given one condition. The person I discuss it with understands that enlightenment is the beginning, not the end.

That's what people don't understand. It's not *POOF* enlightenment. Upon achieving enlightenment(if you want to call it enlightenment. I'm not sure. Even if it is I certainly wouldn't go around telling people, cuz what would be the purpose? It would create more doubt than faith, and appear to be me putting myself above others which I would never do and goes against what enlightenment really is. Once you achieve "enlightenment" the real fun begins. Life is wonderful. It's imperfect, and this is why we work towards enlightenment, but once you get to the level some call enlightenment you will experience happiness regardless your circumstances. YOU'RE HAPPY, and noone can take it away from you. I assure you, there is more. That's what's so amazing. Once you achieve enlightenment you keep on working. Remove all remaining ignorance by increasing wisdom. Remove all defilements by practicing indiscriminatory love. If you do all of this things will be even better. I feel like most people don't understand it, and it's sad. They experience true insight, and they think that's it. They think "i'm enlightened, it's all over now" as if it's a finality. Enlightenment is stillness in motion. It's neither experienced in a moment or in eternity. By thinking you're finished, you really limit yourself. The higher experiences are even better, and you won't experience them if you think you've attained the highest attainment.

ete, I see you talk about how you're enlightened on here a lot. That's great that you've had insight. Now put it to use. What good does talking about have? Does it help you? Does it help others? The answer to both of those is certainly no. Understand what I have said. Your experience is simply the beginning. It's not finality. Go on, cultivate what you have learned.

7. i just try and spread love

8. I found enlightenment between the couch cushions, was next to an old snickers bar.