so I think I broke my toe..

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by DrSteez, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Ok, so it all happened first day of class, had to get the morning sesh going, so a few buddies and I went over this fence to this lowkey spot. we hop this fence like its nobodies business..well cause it is :) anyway i mean its not shady or anything, its a shorter way to the bike paths inthe canal..kinda dirty unless u find the spot. Anyway, so we finish up and get our way back towards the car and jumped the fence...that's when it happended.. i jumped the fence too high (you know when ur suuper stoney and just feel like yeaaa! and just do crazzy awesome shit?) well hyea, i jumpd too high and landed toe first on a fucking rock.

OUUUUUUCHH fuckin huuuuuuuurt. but i manned up and went to school anyway.

right now is week 7 or 8.. and between now and then.. it didn't really hurt that bad, like yea i couldn't bend it all the way down..but i could run and walk and jump and shit. but all of a sudden, today my toe hurts like a MOOTHER LIKE noneother. Like suuuper bad hurts.. and reason i didn't want to go to doctor's (stupid reason now that i think about it) is because well i didn't really wanna rock a cast cause i was planning such epic shit this weekend and casts will just fuck it alll up, and like i dunno, it hurts more on my toe pad and joint kinda then anyway else..like ontop of my toe

so yea, what do you guys think? like how long does a broken(maybe?) toe take to heaL? and why do you think i feel it so strongly now and not earlier?

2. Damn, what a horrible reason to not go to the doctor. because I don't think they even give you a cast for a broken toe, do they?

3. There is nothing they can do for a broken toe, there is no toe only cast.

4. i dunno..but like if i was planning on goin to crystal cove and climbing and adventuring all over the place.. casts and those crutches would be a pain in the ass and woud not allow me to adventure to my full heart's content

5. Nah no cast, just crutches depending on the severity og the injury....and btw lol ;)

6. like crutches and a huge booot thing?

7. which toe? if its your big toe i think you can get that big foot brace cast thingie, but any other toe your just going to have to tough it out.

just dont walk on it for a while until your able to put all your body weight on it.

if you want you can go to the doctors and get an x-ray, but they're gonna tell you that they cant really do anything.

8. big toe right foot..im righty so my dominant foot. and i dunno is it possible to push ur toe out of place? like if u push from the pad of the toe upwards?

9. if you dislocated your big toe it would have hurt really bad immediately and it would look deformed or sticking it a wrong direction, or hanging loose from it regular position.

i think you might have hyper-extended it but not enough for it to come our of the joint.

this is all just a guess, call a hospital and talk to a nurse or research online before you spend money to fix it.

10. yea i've been looking online to see what happended..but im not too entirely sure. all i know is it hurts a lot to stand on it and walk and its an all of a sudden type of thing it seems like. as well as i can't move it to the side (left) and upwardes..and when i move downwards it hurts..but not asbad as it does when it goes upwards..and its like a stiff feeling. so yea

hopefully i just sprained it or pulled it or something so it'll all be good thisweeekend

eidt: might be a sprian cause i can feel it kinda through my achilles tendon

11. That sucks, brah

12. ya I think you should jay off it for a while. watch it closely for the next few days. if it gets swollen or the pain worsens or it changes colors then you should go in.

and if it doesn't feel any better, like even the slightest amount, within the next week then at least call your doctor.