So I punched my best friend in the face yesterday

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by alexandr4872, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Hey blades quite an unpleasant incident happened yesterday and I would greatly appreciate you taking time to read this and give your feedback on this.

Well my Saturday started like any other day with my friend offering me to smoke up on the roof of this guy's apartment building. The train system in NYC is not perfect so I was forced to transfer to a bus about halfway through which delayed my entire trip by a good 20-30 minutes so I figured they would start smoking without me (it was a total of at least 7 people smoking on the roof so I don't think anybody would wait that long for just one person). Nevertheless my best friend told me to simply give him a call once I would get to the building.

Now this is where the interesting things start happening. I get off the stop and it starts raining (mind you the weather in NY is still quite shitty, it was a good 45 degrees outside so it was freezing as shit too). As soon as I get to the apartment building I give him a call. He doesn't pick up. I stand outside in the rain and in the cold impatiently waiting trying to call other people smoking on the roof. All of a sudden I get a text message from him telling me to "simply wait outside". I started getting a little bit impatient and simply asking him to let me in the apartment building just to avoid the cold weather and the rain and at that point I could care less about smoking and more about not freezing my balls off in the shitty weather. Fast forward another good 30 minutes ahead the entire group comes out obviously all high.

Now at this point I decide it would be funny if I could fuck around with my best friend by picking him up by the shirt and putting him against the wall to make it look like we are about to fight (he was high and I thought it would be a good idea to simply fuck around with him for a couple of seconds just for the laughs considering me and him are pretty close friends and do that shit all the time). The second I throw him against the wall he starts looking scared and I simply tell him "don't worry dude I am just fucking around" at which point he attempts to punch me in the face and ends up slapping me instead.

Now that was the boiling point. Before I go any further I'd like to go into a little bit backstory here. I knew the kid since my freshman year in high school and quickly went been close friends and ended up going to the same college together, but over the course of our friendship he often had bad tendencies on fucking me over in certain scenarios (mainly in high school). For example last summer he offered me to hang out in Manhattan (which is a good one hour drive on the train from Brooklyn, the borough next to Manhattan). Well upon my arrival I called him up and he told me that he was with somebody else and would meet me up soon in like 15-30 minutes in the park I was waiting for. I waited for more than an hour before finally giving up and seen how he would ignore all of my calls. I wasted a another good hour just trying to get home wasting my entire day. Upon my arrival he didn't have the balls to talk to me first and apologize. It was only until I started talking to him on facebook chat that he started saying he was sorry. I mean I can on and on about the times he fucked me over like that, but I am not a mean person and would understand that people truly do make mistakes even so he would pull off shit like that every once in a blue moon (latest example is from a month ago when I gave him my $20 to buy a dub considering my dealer wasn't around and hold it off until the next day so we can wake and bake at my house, when he smoked it that same day with other people, but he still managed to pay back a day later).

Now back to the story. At that point all of those times he fucked me over all boiled up considering most of the time I would just let him go off with the warning and would cool by the next day, I think of him as my close friend who would never let things like that happen again. But at that certain moment all of a sudden my right arm rose up and I took a swing as hard as I could into his face busting his lip. I was shocked mainly because I am not an aggressive guy and usually am the peaceful/thoughtful/insightful one out of the group. I mean I consider myself a fucking pacifist and practically think that violence doesn't solve anything. But I guess everybody has their boiling point and just to see how much anger they can try to hold off from, before finally been able to snap.

As soon as I realized what I have done I felt an enormous amount of guilt coming over me. For once that I have done that in front of nearly 10 people (3-4 of who never met before and that was their wonderful first impression of me). I instantly began apologizing to my best friend making sure if he was okay, he proceeded to tell me it wasn't that big of a deal.One thing that made me feel even worse about myself is the fact that he was trying to convince everybody who was smoking on the roof to simply let me in and prevent me from standing in the rain. That I didn't know. I started feeling so guilty to the point where I decided to offer to smoke him up again that day to which he simply said that he needed to go home instead and couldn't. From that point on he began posting statuses about how terrible his day was and all that other bullshit. I mean my image of him and the times him fucking me over in the past kind of established this terrible stereotype of him thinking he would never change and learn from his mistakes. I simply thought if he done it couple of times in the past, that he would have never trouble forcing me to stand in the rain for nearly an hour.

Now my friend also has a bad habit about been extremely passive in real life and only been able to talk shit over a computer on a social networking site. When I proceeded to talk to him once again he told me to simply "go fuck myself" and began ignoring me whenever I tried to call him and to explain. At this point I am thinking he is acting like a passive aggressive housewife on her premenstrual semester.

Once again blades any thoughts or feedback on this story would most greatly be appreciated especially if anybody has some stories familiar to mine.

2. Good story, I don't fully understand why you punched him for virtually no reason. Also if it was raining, how were they smoking on the roof?

3. i know how you feel. I stabbed my boy once when I found out that they smoked without me. Tried apologizing but he put a restriction order out on me :( .

Nah tho lol. The whether was shitty yesterday so today feels great even though its semi-cold still. Just let it be. He probably will end up being cool with you in like a year or two. Maybe three.

4. You stabbed your friend because they smoked a piece of plant without you?

Please tell me you're just joking.

5. bad story

6. Are you still cool with him though? Have you guys been talking ever since

7. Damn dude. You shouldn't feel sorry because he tried telling the other kids to let you in, why couldn't he just let you in? But i know how you feel, its like all that pent up rage just lets itself out. I had a very similar situation last summer, not gunna get into that though. If he's a real friend he'll understand what happened and forgive you. try telling him how all the shit that hes done to you plus leaving you in the rain and slapping you was the last straw and your anger took the best of you.

8. i feel like if your out of highschool you shuld deff keep your hands to yourself even if your kidding. that is a huge respect issue.

9. now if your both bros and you get off by bro raping each other and what not thats cool but its sounds like guy didnt wanna get touched

10. Funny, that reminds me of the time I blew up my friends house with a rocket launcher after smoking the blunt without me.

11. sounds like the dudes being a little bitch. if my friend hit me than instantly apologized, id just say "yea whatever, its out of your system now. lets go smoke and talk about it" i say keep trying to get in touch with him until he gives in and lets you explain.

just read how he screwed you over in manhattan: if he consciously makes decisions like that hes not much of a friend in my opinion. i would have beat his ass after that.

12. sounds like a bitch move to me that he couldnt come down and show you some repect in front of the group. i mean your suppose to be his friend and in front of other people he tries you like that by leaving you in the rain. i would have not been kiddin prolly like you werent but you just didnt say and then wouldve punched him twice. a friend would of shown some iniative to let his friend smoke too.

13. yea i agree leaving me out in the rain would have pissed me off i would have just left lol and showed that mofo you dont work around his schedule of opening the door up to you

14. that guy sounds like a dick to me yo

15. doesn't seem like he respects you. if my best friend disrespected me that many times i would just stop talking to him

16. Man, you told him you were joking and he hit you in the face. If anyone slapped me in the face, I'd kick their nuts to the moon.

17. #17 Dankdogg, Apr 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2011
    that's all he did to you? None the less op, i still agree that he deserved it.

I've been trying so hard not to knock my "friend" the fuck out for the longest time, but I think one day he's going to say/do the wrong thing to me and he's going to regret it when jackhammer and authority have a word with his face. ;)

18. if you actually said you were joking and didn't hurt him or anything, then he slapped you, fuck that he deserves it. it sort of depends it's hard to tell how it actually happened

19. Even though you told him you were "joking", you just punked him in front of nine of his peers- people who he had been convincing to help YOU out. He shouldn't have touched your face though, I agree.... but if you're strong enough to lift this little buddy up by his shirt, I doubt a full punch was necessary.

Also it seems most of your issues with your BFF revolves around marijuana.....coincidence??

I hope y'all work it out though!

20. I agree, it's immature.

And clearly it is a respect issue. It doesn't seem to me like the OP respects his friend much; he seems to think he's tougher, more aggressive, etc. and he wanted to put that on display with the whole 'fake fight'. The plan went wrong when he got slapped so he overreacted and sucker-punched the guy after saying, "Don't worry I'm just messing around"

OP Keep your hands to yourself and these things won't happen. Sheesh you make me feel like a grandpa having to explain that to you.