So I might have killed my seed sprouts lol

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SonOfMarley, Apr 10, 2017.

1. They were supposed to go in the dirt last night but life happened and had to wait until today. Last night they looked healthy and still white. Today i open the paper towel and they looked deflated and had some browning to them.. They where in the paper towel for 3 days. What do you guys think?

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

2. #2 HarveyHarvester, Apr 10, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    bummer.
    I don't do it that way but if they dried out i think they are most likely dead.
    I just soak 'em in a small glass of water for a few days and won't hurt to leave 'em in a bit longer when life happens.

*edit: poke at 'em after ~12 hours to get 'em to sink.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Was the paper towel wet and in a dark place? The brown can be from dehydration and light. Get it in moist not wet soil asap. I think you may still have a chance

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. I did i tossed then in sombre good dirt and water it by dialing a paper towel and squeezing it over them but the paper towel they where in is still wet i can ring water out of it. But they were in a streaked plastic bag and then put in a box and put ontop of my router worry a towel over them. I wonder if they got to hot?

5. Here they are under the new t5 fixture. Do you think i should spread them out? [​IMG]

6. Is that seed-starting soil?
    I usually put plastic wrap over the cups and poke a few holes it in, get the light right down on it so the heat creates moisture droplets on the plastic wrap... warm and humid.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. #7 HarveyHarvester, Apr 10, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    nope.gif
    I been wanting to use that someplace. lol.
    *edit: Lets look at it with the light lower... within 4".
    *edit again: as long as the light will make the plastic sweat until they sprout.

• Like Like x 1
  8. get that light low. 4' like he said. plastic wrap on the cups is a good idea as well
    foam white cups? they'll work for now, but as soon as they sprout you should wrap them in something like tin foil to keep light out. use the shiny side of the cup and the dull side facing out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. LOL that bird. But the soil is organic mix of peat, perlite, earth worm casting, kelp meal and garden lime. I didnt even think to cover them but the light is around 11 inches away, since my tent isnt here yet the best I can do is drop it to like a inch from the cups.. I thought that might be to close tho

10. Yea I cheaped out lol it was like 6 bux for 18 solo cups and 2 dollars for like 64 foam cups lol I just doubled up tho to make them catch water, I can put foil around the inside cup still, or do you think double up cups will be enough? I didnt even think of light penetration through the outside of the cup

11. double up is fine, that will work great. You shouldn't have water coming out the bottom at any point right now. the run off applies more when you have a root system set up properly. right now just mist the top layer maybe use about 50 ml of water for a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I didn't either.
    good eye!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hope they break earth for ya bro

• Like Like x 1
  14. yea I had just the tiniest amount of run off on most the cups, the tray I had them in is flat so i was worried about it being over watered so thats when I doubled them.

15. Another thread with paper towel germination problems. Just plant them.

• Like Like x 2
  16. thanks bro, me too! I knew I shouldnt have left them for another day.. I have 8 more seeds if these dont work out.. But I really dope they do!

17. well I think the paper towel worked well, yesterday 4 out of the 8 had healthy little roots out of the seed.. It was operator error lol

18. The paper towel method works fine - it's always operator error. If you just plant them there is no operator error.

• Like Like x 1
  19. But yea I was suprised to see the run off come out to be honest, I didnt give it much water at all... but 50 mL is about 1 shot glass full right? thats what I was going to give them.. ill try to get a mister tonight!

20. lol I see your point :p