So I just took a few clones...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by HighOnTheHill, Jan 17, 2009.

1. And my plants are like in day 3-4 of flowering. Didn't really have a choice. I have 4 sativas it seems and 1 indica. I don't have the room to really grow sativas, so I took a few clones off the indica for my next grow. Gonna be a mommy plant.

Put them in some jiffy cubes, and my question is, do I need to give them any fertalizers? Superthrive? Anything? I used a rooting solution - Earth Juce's Rootstock. For humidity all I could do was turn a 2 liter pop bottle upside down over the top. They're under a 42 watt daylight and two 23-26 watt (not sure what)...whatever the # for red spectrum is, 2700 i think.

I just don't wanna have to start from seed again and deal with males and sativas. I prefer the sativa high but I've only got a 6 foot cab. I mean like 18 inches is going to the bags and then another foot for the lights. Then there's that "burn barrier" so really I only have 2-3 feet to grow a plant. I think I could manage 4 sativas with LST but as long as that indica is in there there's no way. They're just to tall.

2. What you did will prob work, ive never cloned before but from what i have read you have to be careful or air travelling up the stem so its best to make the cut at about 45 degree angle while underwater then dip and put in just about any medium, perlite, soil, etc. keep the lights on and a humidity dome ive read take about 5-10 days for good roots to form.

i will be doing some sativas shortly as well and i dont even have 6 feet just 5.5, haha, i think the lst should work but if you keep the bucket size at about 3 gal no more they shouldnt grow to be to too big, bc they cant, wont have the root system for it. that just my 2 cents though

3. I just posted this earlier, maybe it will help you.
    Sounds like you have the right idea......

4. Okay well I've just got my jiffy cubes soaked with regular tap water. I'm more worried about the humidity dome than what I used or how I did it. I know the procedure, but this is my first time cloning and I'm just nervous about the conditions. I don't have any way to warm the pan that they're in. 3 clones in a aluminum baking dish with 2-liter bottles turned upside down over 'em. I'm trying to find something to raise the root cubes up on so I can put some water in the pan to raise the humidty. I've just been spraying them with water regularly.

Should I make a superthrive spray mix? Can I just continue to spray them for humidity? If so, how often?