so i just bought a GoPro

Discussion in 'General' started by Endless Rain, May 17, 2012.

1. #1 Endless Rain, May 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2012
    yupp, so i just bought the GoPro

[​IMG]

anyone else have one?
    already planning some time-lapse and slow motion stuff, and, HD and slow-mo milk shots :smoke:

these things are crazy with what they can do

for those of you who may not know too much about them, check out this video, all made with this little camera:
    (make sure you HD the video and full screen)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GUEZCxBcM78

sorry guys cant seem to get the fuck'in video to embed

2. Seems like it could be pretty fun. How much are they?

3. here in canada, the three different camera packages cost $350
    the accessories range from $10-100
    all i have in my photo cost about $524 with taxes
    and the 32gb Class 10 HD video memory card i have ordered cost around $60

so its very expensive
    but all too worth it

4. #4 Bro Mango, May 17, 2012
    Yea. I work with them on a daily basis i also work with far superior cameras..

You get the Hero 2?

If you did way to waste your money.. Stupid design man.. You can't use the Bluetooth feature unless your in WiFi. It's a goddam Sports camera and you need WIFI to view it on
    Your phone??

And it's WAY to wide. Like WAY to wide for anything besides sports.

Should've gotten.. Any other sports camera if that's what you were looking for..

Shit I personally own a Contour+ and it puts Hero 2 to shame.

It's pretty much only good for awesome landscape shots as yor doing sports. That's pretty much it.

Only positive thing is they used regular SDHD cards instead of microSD

If you were looking for a general use camera. Go return your GoPro.

And good luck getting any worth while time lapse without AC power.

5. few things you have failed to realize
    1) i bought the GoPro because it was the one MOST suited for myself, NOT you, NOT other people, i bought it because it best suited me
    so way to go there
    2) the battery backpack i bought for it can double or more my battery life, and its not like im planning to do 8 hour + time lapses
    3) i dont really care about how wide or its shape, ive looked into these types of cameras for months now, and after looking at all sorts, the GoPro stood out
    it also has features the contour does not have

its great you dont like it, and its great that there is something else that works for you
    but the GoPro works for me and what i want, thus why i bought it and am so happy about it

i looked at the contour+, and im not spending fucking $500+ on that thing - for just the camera alone

6. #6 Bro Mango, May 17, 2012
    I wasnt talking about the actual camera body being wide. The LENS is really, really, really wide which as I said is ONLY good for outdoor landscape shots..

What're you time lapsing for under 8 hours?

You can use the Batt pack as a batt charger btw if you USB into an ipod wall
    Charger.

How're you going to be using this the most? Jw

EDIT: I'm not trying to be a dick. There's just plenty of cameras that for the price are
    Better than the GoPro.

And there's multiple contours. But even the contour isn't that great. All these HD Sports cams are just rubbish.

7. the lens angle is ajustable from 90-170

ill be time lasping weather, clouds, bike trips and all other sorts of things

i personally think the gopro is awesome, but thats just me, just best for what i want for overall use

8. Well if your happy I'm happy guy. Have fun with it :smoke:

9. #9 Mogwai, May 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2012
    Yeah I don't see much wrong with the GoPro when I look into it. But maybe because I'm biased haha, all I'd use it for would be lapses and to film skateboarding.

Though for sports it seems like it could be worth it to invest in a "normal" camera and then build up a collection of lenses to attach when needed. Nothing beats a fisheye for filming skating.

It seems durable though, which is a must for filming some sports. God knows how any times a board has popped up into my old camera when filming. Haha it's actually broke now, so yee

10. its ridiculously durable, and it comes with attachments to literally mount it on almost anything

i may be a little biased, but if you want a good camera for skate boarding, id say a gopro would be a good bet :smoke:

also, slow motion fun with smoke!!!

11. The idea behind the GoPro is to remove the guy with the camera lol

It's more of a.. Youd stick it in your deck or chest and go.

EDIT: My last beef.. The mounts are NOT super long lasting.. I was wearing one on a helmet and I snapped the whole mount off.. Not just the camera which was Sketch-ay.

12. i got a cheap version of a go pro for 50 bucks, and its sweet. i use it when i go snowboarding.