So i have these seeds

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Cowtime, Jul 23, 2015.

1. They were given to me. Ive had some fairly suvcessful gardens (tomatoes corn etc) in the past, i cant imagine indoor growing in the closet would be much different. Do you see anything worth using here? Tthey were free. He said they were super lemon haze i think. uploadfromtaptalk1437614604544.jpg

2. They look like they are likely viable, I would expect that most will germinate.
    Growing indoors isn't much different. You just have dial in your environment and the rest is pretty normal. Cannabis is really pretty easy to grow, I doubt you will have major problems.

3. yeah almost all of those look perfectly fine, perhaps one or two are a bit pale and might be 50/50, but all are worth trying.

There's not a huge difference between growing tomatoes and marijuana but marijuana needs it's soil to be way dryer and a lot less nutrients.

Use a low nutrient soil, with plenty of perlite, the final mix should be about 30-40% perlite, and try not to water too often. Other than that it's pretty standard

4. Hiw often should I water? Ive been suggested to just mist the plants and dirt with a spray bottle

5. I like to try and keep the soil evenly damp, lightly damp for the first couple of weeks and then move to a good wet / dry cycle where I allow the soil to fully dry out between waterings, and when watering I give it as much as it will take.

The drying of the soil draws in fresh air to the roots and watering drives out spent air. Getting lots of oxygen to the roots is very important.

To test that the soil is dry enough it's best to tip up the pot to feel the weight. However, this takes a bit of learning so to start with push a finger in to the soil. If you can feel any dampness then it's too early to water