So I have some growing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by duece, Jun 27, 2003.

1. In my back yard....it's pretty big and the plants (2) are well sheilded. They are about 3 feet tall and I am having trouble telling if I have boys or girls. Also I am not sure how tall they should get before they start to bud.

I am new to they growing thing and would welcome any and all advice.

BTW, I live in Iowa.

thanks,

Duece

2. well to tell if they are male or female look at where the first branch leaves the origional stem. if theyres some balls there its male, and the female kinda look like little pointy hair things? i dunno theyres a word but i forgot...im sure if you do a search for something like "distinguishing male/female" you could find something in more detail...

if the plants are outdoors they will not just get a certain height and then just start to bud, what happens is as the days get shorter, the time inbetween light and darkness triggers the plant to bud, so it could really be any height before it buds...depends on many things such as strain/time planted/fertalizer/pruning or not/ect. but generally outdoor plants get reasonably big if you just let em grow. i know i didnt really go into detail but im pretty new to growin too, and if u use search tool it will help you in more detail.

3. Thanks....also I have read that smoking some of the newest leaves will give you an idea of how the THC levels are..anyone else believe that?

Grasscity Deals Near You