So i have a question about growing one plant.'

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Kiefsweat, Apr 11, 2012.

1. so, sayi took one plant and did the veg light cycle till it was maybe half a foot, foot tall, then putit straight into flowering, on 12/12.
    wouldi be able to grow like, really small plants? succesfully? and would the potency be decreased greatly due to maybe putting it into flowering to fast?

id liek to grow some small, quick plants. for like personal use to just see if i could grow period, before getting into like, bigger things.

2. i start my plants at 12-15 inches. you can start flowering when ever you want. its all about how much space and light you have. plants get 2-3 times bigger during flower

3. hmm, interesting, so i could literaly veg it to like, 7 or 8 inches, then start flowering?
    thatd be so awesome haha
    i could grow tiny little plants.

4. you could run 12/12 from start to finish

5. wtf, reallly?? what would that do? does it start growing and showing its sex like, at the very begining??
    ive never heard of this. how long does that generally take??

6. if you do 12/12 from start to finish it will take the plant about 25-30 days before it starts flowering. but if you veg it first like you say 6-8 inches it will take less time to start flowering. longer veg = bigger plant, bigger plant = bigger buds

7. ^true, if flowered at sexual maturity (~6 weeks from seed) will show buds within a few days of 12/12 and have a shorter 12/12 cycle than if flowering is forced earlier.

Best bet to limit size is to flower clones or autos, the one 12/12 from seed grow I've done still grew to 3' tall. Some strains are great for this, just ask del666 about his bubblebomb strain, but barring that I wouldn't bother with it.

8. I read the other day this guy posted he grew his plant to about 5 inches and started 12/12 and it shot up to 3 ft in 2 weeks

9. [quote name='"atlboi420"']I read the other day this guy posted he grew his plant to about 5 inches and started 12/12 and it shot up to 3 ft in 2 weeks[/quote]

More info please.

10. Why not just try it and show us the results![​IMG]