so i have a degree in photography

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by Nor.Cal, Jan 11, 2010.

1. and i'm in the sharing mood. only problem is i have a shit ton of photos and i can't be bothered narrowing them down to a certain number of favorites to post right now, so i think i'll just post one or two random ones a day and see how that goes. i have stuff from all different genres but i focus on documentary/photojournalism professionally. oh, and don't ask me what i'm shooting with. i hate that question. :p

[​IMG]

2. some nice work. i'm a photojournalist myself, where'd you go to school?

3. Great idea man, im subscribed.. is there any money to be made in a field like photography?

4. yes, but a lot of it comes down to who you know and how well you market yourself, more than how good you are. and what area you focus on of course. wedding photography, for example, isn't the kind of stuff that's going to change the art world and be displayed in galleries or museums, but there are a lot of wedding photographers that charge $4000 a day or more and make a ton of cash. documentary style has gotten popular for wedding/engagement stuff so i might be tapping into that this year.

5. there's not much money in photojournalism unless you're a staffer and even then you'd make double as a wedding photog. i've tried it but it's not for me, i only really work on things i care about. standin by for more photos!

6. Thanks for the info you guys, my dad did it for a newspaper, and i have a knack for it..
    i wish the field were more expansive, people love photos

anyways cant wait to see those pics

7. to be honest, it was a lot easier back in the day. with the explosion in popularity of DSLR cameras in the last 5 years or so and photoshop being one of the most pirated programs on the internet, the market has been over saturated with crap and people driving down rates.

8. it was foggy this morning and it reminded me of a time i cut class to go take photos in the fog, so here are a couple of those.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. I think the last one would be great with more contrast. Check out my photography thread to !

10. it's supposed to be high key and low contrast.

11. I really like the one with the steps and footprints.

12. Is that pic in the first post UCSB?

13. i like this!

subscribed!

14. nope. it's in santa cruz.

how about some architecture
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. man i love these pics, that architecture is awesome,its different

16. Wow, your work is incredible. Consider me subscribed!

17. The first foggy one has the COOLEST atmosphere :rolleyes:

great work!