So... I Hate Cops.

Discussion in 'General' started by dpc1192, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Alright guys, so I have a problem, I absolutely despise police officers. I know they are out to help, and save lives, but I always picture them ruining a kids life for possession of marijuana, or giving someone a DUI who isn't even drunk.

My dad was talking to me about this today , and he made a good point. He said that hating a cop is really no different than hating a black person, just because the color of their skin. I being a liberal American understand this and see what he is saying, but I just can't get this image of a cop out of my head.

My friends dad was arrested and thrown in jail for about 2 years, and it tore his family apart. His mother has to work 2 jobs, with almost no breaks except for sleep. He is struggling and school, and is very depressed. Another point of mine, the family is the one being punished in my opinion.

What do you guys think??? I'm just curious. No, I'm not a crazy psychopath either haha..

What could I say to my dad to maybe see what I am saying??

2. Police are dicks. They weren't always that way, I'm sure in highschool they were cool cats, but after a while, and this happens to all police officers, they become jaded, hateful people. Its part of the job.

So, hate the cop, hate the laws, it doesn't matter, cause they are all dead inside already.

3. Cops in general aren't bad, its the individual cop that's bad. Now, I'm not saying African Americans are bad, not by any means, but I'd say about 75% of white suburban America is afraid of black people, and unjustly too. They hear stories reported by Katie Couric about gang fights, and they assume that all black people are bad. Same with cops. On here a lot of people have negative stories with cops, and a few positive ones. And thusly dislike cops. Now, a lot of cops are complete dickheads, and should be labeled as such. Not all cops are bad though.

4. Cops don't put people in jail, the courts do.

Cops simply enforce the laws.

Your anger is misplaced.

I'm curious, why did he get 2 years? Why is this the fault of the system? Isn't it his fault?

5. I'm not really sure why, he doesn't like to talk about it.

I know it's his fathers fault, and I know it's not the cops fault for throwing him in jail.

I just feel like cops should worry about bigger things than a 14 year old boy buying an 8th of weed.

6. It's not the cop's decision to make that choice, and I'm personally glad.

The war on drugs again is legislative, not enforcement. They would be irresponsible at their jobs if they didn't.

7. Don't hate the cops, hate the system that implements the laws that they're enforcing.

I do understand what you mean though, I wouldn't say I hate cops, but they do make me completely uncomfortable. Even when I have nothing on me, am straight and driving fine, my heart still jumps a bit when I see a cop.

8. me too.

9. because they have more power than you....i think this is a common feeling when you see a cop though

10. I really wish i didn't hate cops like I do, because i have run into some really cool ones, like the cop at the cursive show who had to know that i was currently on neptune, and therefore couldn't possibly give competant directions to the venue. He laughed at me, took the phone, and got my buddy there in no time, or the cop that I started talking to after getting hammered drunk at a baseball game, and after talking with me for a few minutes was like, "you should probably just go ahead and move on, before I have to ruin your day."

But i've also had the cop that pulled me out of the car, put me in handcuffs, and still held me down on the ground while his partner searched my car, all because i was a hispanic male in an brown american car. (apparently i "matched the description" of a guy who'd stolen a stereo or some shit. got approached with gun drawn already, yelled at, and then i had to threaten filing a formal complaint to even get an apology) I've seen both sides of cops, and i still get sketched out whenever i see one behind me, because i never know which type is behind the wheel.

11. Exactly, if legislation were to leagalize marijuana tomorrow, there would be no more arrests for possesion! Its not that cops have a personal vendetta against weed! Seems to me most of them probabaly see it our way, they just dont have the choice!

12. The position of police officer is needed,valiant, dangerous and probably underpaid. In general they deserve respect. Whether the cop at hand(the individual) is respectable, valiant, so on is a different story. With any group of people, you should judge per individual. If you have anger, direct it towards the individual or the courts who instituted the laws you dislike.

13. i just hate assholes with authority.

they have a tendency to throw their weight around. i've met alot of asshole cops, but also alot of nice cops, so whatever, first sentence is my conclusion.

14. weak men with badges and guns to make them feel like they, now, have somethin to show to the world....haha stick that badge up your ass pig with your highschool diploma

15. Yah just doing their job...that's what the ss used to say...I FUCKING HATE COPS. i used to work at a gas station and chilled out about a few of the night guys i had come through every night but if it's just "some random cop" it's all i can do not to dig my fingers into his skull socket. Dont hate cops? Get fucking arrested for weed and spend a few months/years in jail then come tell me you don't hate them AND the system they represent.
    Cops are the arm of the beast that is our justice system. they are one and the same.

16. Except the SS committed war crimes and murdered tens of thousands and tortured millions.

Cops on the other hand upholds the laws which the legislative body of our government (composed of ELECTED officials) propose.

:rolleyes:

17. "Except the SS committed war crimes and murdered tens of thousands and tortured millions."
    mmmmk :(

"Cops on the other hand upholds the laws which the legislative body of our government (composed of ELECTED officials) propose."
    Ahah :D Elected officials never have anything but their own intrest in mind and do not represent the people in this day and age. Hmm i could vote for corrupt self centered asshole #1 or equally pointless asshole #2 what a great thing our system has become. No matter which asshole gets elected cops are the hands used to enforce the laws that said corrupt assholes put into/keep in place. They are part of the machine.

With that i'm going to bed. just typing is making my arms sting after tonights work and i'm arguing with a rasta :( time for a nap

18. i got pulled over in roanoke virginia me and buddy of mine were working a job and fixing to head back to ga we were cruising and somehow ended up in a bad neighborhood and got pulled over they asked to search i said no which was dumb so they brought a k9 and he went crazy so they had a reason to search now so i just told em where my pipe,grinder, and sack of weed was i was tripping out because i thought for sure they were gonna take us to jail but the undercover i was trying to keep us calm because where theres one cop 10 more have to show up to see whtat the hell is goin(wasting tax dollars) after they searched everything he told me weed wasnt that bad they were looking for crack and they let us go thank god so we went and dropped one of our other coworkers off and he went and got us a 20 sack for the way back ;p i was just glad we didnt go to jail in a diffrent state that would of sucked ass.

19. While I do not disagree with you, that is the fault of the voting public. More responsibility needs to be taken when choosing democratic representation.

You have quite a bit more choice than that. The Canadian parliament manages to maintain a very good balance of opinions -- no reason you Americans (I assume you're an American) can't.

But that IS reflect of the country's mindset. If people are apathetic enough not to seek out representatives who will fulfill their responsibility, then the burden is placed again on the voting public.

Yup. But those 'corrupt assholes' are picked by you and your fellow countrymen. You want a change? You have to pursue it.

Aye, the machine called government.

Trust me, you would be much worse off in an anarchical state.

20. I'm sure no one here is trying to argue that the system works, or that the laws are fair. We all know the system is fucked up. But still, busting marijuana users is only a small part of a police officers job, and in probably almost all cases, it's not the reason they decided to become a cop in the first place.

The way I see it, most cops are out there to help. Unfortunately, in between capturing rapists and pulling over drunk drivers, they have to enforce the drug laws too. I'm sure that there are plenty of cops who disagree with the drug laws just as we do, but they still have to do their job.