Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

so i had this conversation with an ex-toker today...

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by sodomizedjello, May 6, 2006.

1. back in february i hit some major depression. i had thought maybe it was the fact that i was smoking 1/2 o a week. i slowed down and was still depressed. so i just changed my music format (punk/hardcore during spring/summer, no wave/post punk/grunge during fall and winter). i popped in some gg allin, and bam no more depression.

2. I don't let it get in the way of the things i have to do. It's my insentive to get the things i need to do done. I won't smoke a joint or two or a blunt until i have everything done and it drives me to get it done. Alot of people buy into the stoner stupid stereotype and they all look at stoners has the scourge of god but a crack-addict is pitied and blames the drug for the addicts problem, only people can get addicted to a substance its not the drugs fault its the persons. Don't pity a crack head for sparking that first rock and dont say stoners are drug down by cannabis.

3. Joint, I'm completely intune with your whole post.

I can give a current example of letting weed take control. I have smoked all day for the last 2 weeks. I am a daily smoker but I only smoke in the evenings. I've been doing that for over two years so my body is pretty much conditioned for it. So smoking all day long every day was a huge change for my body and my mind. I'm busy as fuck at work right now, but the smoking didn't do anything to that except make me more relaxed about it. But everywhere else in my life it completely affected me. I litereally haven't wanted to leave my house in those 2 weeks. It's fucking insane. That isn't me at all. That is me wanting to fucking get high. Even though smoking all day long didn't make a radical change in my life, it makes enough of a change that will keep me from doing it.

I didn't start smoking today until 7pm. I can't tell you what a better day it has been than the prior 14. I am not interested in being an all day smoker in the least. Daily smoker, yes...for life.

I am sure there is a period of time that your body adjusts to the all day smoking, but I am not interested in even letting my body adjust to that. And Yes I do agree that everyone is different. Each of us know our limit and know what we can handle.

s-j, I am glad your friend found out what works for his life. He doesn't need to get preachy about it, but he is right for choosing himself first. :smoking:

4. My sentiments exactly.

5. Dont forget, the way propaganda is shoved up people's ass these days, it adds to smoker's 'guilt' lets say.
    I knew a smoker who was a devout catholic and smoked daily. He quit because he felt he was harming himself and was becoming a junkie.. not to mention selling his soul. Its terrible to see, but you have to expect it when every other commercial on tv is some seahag smoking out of a hole in her neck. People place weed along the same lines as ciggarettes, their wrong.. but the media and propaganda always has a way of corrupting the weak minded. Sad...:(

6. i say hes rite and i have thought almost the same exact things. i go on long "binges" (as mormons call it) and i can admit, during those times, im dumb as shit. i sober up and realize it wonder what i was doing. but before you know it, i get new thoughts. what else is life for? anything truely great has been accomplished........what do i do now? and that is when i usuallly get hi....and then it begins again.

7. WTF i feel fuckin on top of the world the next day. The day after I get high is usually better than the high itself.

8. Hmmm you sound like one of those guys from FreeVibe. Are you actually a pothead?

9. I don't feel this is a good reason to continually get high. You simply lack the vision to see what possibilities one can do. I don't think marijuana should be a way for you to escape your true potential as a human being. Marijuana should help you exploit your potential to its fullest, not hinder you from realizing that great things happen all the time, you just have to go out and MAKE them happen.

10. i cannot fuckin do homework high. the only time i tried it i did the wrong assignment and it took me the entire time that i was high for. and it was all wrong. i tried again the next day sober and it took less than 10 min.
    but at the same time its not like i turn into a caveman, i just get distracted easily

11. I think that starting smoking is one of the better things I have done with my life. I was diagnosed a while ago with major depressive disorder and type II bipolar disorder. I was prescribed Prozac and Depakote but I didn't want to take pills. I worked through a lot of crap on my own, partly because I don't trust clinicians. (well i didn't, oddly enough I'm a psych major right now)

Later on down the road, I developed a bit of a drinking problem and a serious affinity for pain killers. I can't count the number of nights I blacked out. I used to down 15-20 beers like it was nothing (btw I'm 6'5" 235lbs) and take pills on top of that.

One day I said fuck it, and I quit. I haven't dropped a single pill for 16 months now. I've also pretty much went totally dry as well, I can't remember the last time I got drunk, but I really enjoy beer so I drink in moderation.

At some point after this whole mess, I started smoking. I enjoy it far more than booze or pills. It never gets me down in the dump and I'm never a mess the day after. Alcohol always made me feel slow and stupid, while bud lifts me up.

Not to sound corny, but I also think it has helped me expand my own thoughts. There is an interesting corellation between mood disorders such as bipolar disorder and creative/highly intelligent people which actually exacerbates the symptoms of the disorder. I am both blessed and cursed with an exceptionally high IQ (like, top tenth of the top percentile). When I would get drunk and drop pills, I either simply got stupid or I would turn inwards and fall into a pit of self examination and self loathing. When I get high, it frees me up and I feel great.

hooray for weed! :hello:

12. ^ hooraaay.

yeah, anytime you are in a bad mood and then drink... your bad mood doesn't get any better. you just sit and think about things even more and get emotional. alcohol's only fun when you're already in a good mood and hanging out with some friends. it doesn't really drown anyone's sorrows too well... and a lot of painkillers really just numb you to the point that you don't think about anything at all. no emotions.... you aren't happy or depressed... you're just there. weed > alcohol & pills. always.