So I had a lucid dream last night

Discussion in 'General' started by flower_child, Apr 13, 2007.

1. I almost woke up when I realized what was going on, but I managed to stay asleep.

The scene was me back in middle school during my 8th grade year. That's what triggered my awareness - anytime I'm back in my old town with my old friends (my deepest desire) I know that I'm dreaming.
    I didn't know what to do, so I decided to ask someone what it was like to be a character in a dream. I just saw Waking Life for the first time this week so I guess that's where that particular question came from. I asked a good looking girl who I didn't know and she responded with a completely unrelated answer. Then I walked up to a girl that I did know and she responded the same way. So I don't really think I got my answer.

I just figured I would share the experience with you guys.

By the way, I didn't put this in P&S because there's really nothing Philosophical or Spiritual about it as far as I can tell. If it's wrong though, will a mod please take care of it?

2. Cool man, lucid dreams are pretty sweet. Except as soon as i get one i usually wake up.

3. Do you remember their answers at all?

4. No. I remember thinking how irrelevent they were to the question so I just blew them off.

5. Yeah, I've yet to meet some one who got a straight answer. Cool side note about that. Two freinds of mine were tripping and one of them became convinced he was a figment of the others imagination. Freaked him the fuck out.