So i got my grow started, a few questions :)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by o0oO, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Sup GC, i finally got my grow started. Actually i wasnt expecting it to work but check out what happened. I planted 12 bag seed in soil for germination, i waited around 2 days. Being the impatient bastard i was i poked around and was heart broken to only see 1 tap root out of the 12. So i called up my friend today asking for some seeds (he got some hella nice headie seeds, was nice enough to give me 5) I go home and start dumping out my cups with the seeds that i planted.

I started shifting through the soil to collect my seeds when i noticed some stuff that looked like perlite. I picked it up and it was a seed with a 1cm tap root. woot :hello: i was so happy, upon shifting through some more i found a total of 11 OUT OF 12 have sprouted. I was so happy and i learned my lesson to be patient. So now im happily sitting here typing this while i got 11 seedlings under some CFL's ready to start there little lives :eek:

Now i got some questions. Will 8" diamter pots be big enough through out the plants lives? Im planning on topping and scroging.

2nd, when should i consider topping the plants? would a good time be once they are several weaks old and getting pretty poofy? Also in which order should i go? top > scrog, or scrog> top. Also can i keep the top part that i cut off as a clone?

Right now i have 3x 30 wat day light CFL's and a 1x 15wat fluoro. I know that lighting is important but will this be good enough for a few weeks? Im planning to setup 4x CFL's with a red spectrum for flowering.

thanks!

2. 1. An 8" diameter pot is pretty small to finish in. The bigger the pot the more bud but, 8 inch will work for small plants.

2. You can top the plants after about 3-4 weeks, then SCROG them. Yes you can keep the topped part as a clone.

3. You have 105 watts there for 11 plants. That will be enough for about 2 weeks of life. Then they will be way short on light. Eleven plants will probably need around 1000 watts to be lit EFFICIENTLY.