So I found out today...

Discussion in 'General' started by Mustard, Apr 28, 2004.

1. that I'm going to be an uncle. My initial response was laughter. Hard to explain why, you just have to know my brother. The only thing that sucks about this is the fact my brother lives in Tennesee, while I live in Washington. So I'm hoping that within 9 months I'll have the money to fly down there to be with my brother, his wife and their newly born child for a day or two.

I hope to God it's a boy.

2. Nice dude, Im a soon to be uncle myself. That sucks that they live so far away, but there's always pictures...

3. Yeah, but my brother and I were talking about going to college for automotive and possibly opening up a shop. So if that happens, we would be close and I'd be able to spend time with my nephew/niece. Also, if its a boy, then my brother and I will be able to teach the lil runt about cars. Of course could do the same if it's a girl, but... you know. lol

4. Well as of right now I have NO automotive experience aside from driving. So I have nearly no knowledge. Unfortunatly. But I don't want to just be a mechcanic. I want to be a custom fabricater. Do stuff like Chip Foose does. I plan on going to WyoTech once i get some money and know all the info I need about grants and possible loans.

And as far as dream car... I got too many dream cars to list. But right now I have major interest in getting a 72' C-10 Chevy pickup. Like what Benny in Dazed and Confused drives. But then again I've also been thinking about having room to drive friends around. So i may go with a 72' C-10 Suburban or 72' Blazer. they all pretty much look the same.

but the pickup is... well a pickup

the blazer is basically the pickup only has a hard top over where the bed would be and fits a few more people.

Suburban is an extended version of the blazer.

5. Congrats!

I became an Uncle two years ago, on the 12th of this month. It's totally awesome having him around, teaching him things, and seeing all the stuff he learns on his own. He's really independent and capable and funny... it's just really awesome

6. weeeeeeeehaaa

Cool, man. I'm an uncle, too. The kids live in Germany, so I don't see'em too often. But the nicest thing is...you don't have to get up all night an calm'em down and stuff. You just show up and have a great time with'em.

7. I'll be an uncle sometime in May.... looking forward to it, my sister lives right next to us now, so i'll see him (yup its gonna be a him) all the time

8. Ha, I know the feeling all too well, I live in VA whereas my brother lives in MI. I haven't seen him in like a year and a half+. But, sunday he's coming bringing along the wife and daughter. I finally get to see my neice, very happy one of the best weekends I could ask for. Can't wait for this weekend!

[edit: can't wait to hold her, ha anyone else love that baby smell? it seems I can't get enough of it.]

9. congrats. my cuz just had a kid and my dad and his current wife my step mom are haveing a kid in november (18th is the due date). little babies are everywhere!