So I found a seed in a bag. Growable?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Sparkupallday, Nov 1, 2008.

1. I recently started smoking MJ. I found a seed in one of my bags, is this growable and should I? There's like a forest/grassland in my area that I could plant it outdoors since i know that place like the back of my hand and I'm sure i could find a pretty well hidden area.

2. yes, but save it till the spring then plant it.

3. ^^^^^ Speaks the truth.

4. #4 Sparkupallday, Nov 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2008
    so basically get good fertilizer and plant in an area where it can get direct sunlight is what I've gathered so far from some research and ill be good? Please any advice would be much appreciated. fertilizer suggestions would be great! and i plan to start growing in april or may. can anyone tell me how long it will be till flowering or any other info would be awesome =] . and can anyone tell me approx how much it will yield? Thank you.

5. FoxFarm ocean forest is a really good soil and they do a good fert line to. I am an indoors guy but I can tell you the chances are you will be harvesting october/november. As for yield depends on lots of things. You can get around 2lbs if you are good at it.

6. Thank you for the info:hello:. Any other info from anyone would be great. :)

7. my seed from my stash is growing in a pot in my closet under a 75 watt lamp
    yeah, itll grow

8. how about watering? should i water it everyday at a certain time? and the place where i plan to plant is also like almost marshy with a river going through so the soil should be pretty good right(?) and should i like mix 1/2 soil and 1/2 fertilizer for my plant?

completely new to growing anything :rolleyes:

9. No. IMO you should start the seed in a small container with seed starting mix (finely sieved peatmoss and pearlite). After the seedling is established put it in a 2 X 2 X 2 hole where you mixed the native soil with any potting mix you choose. I like composted cow manure and peat moss...equal parts. Setting out after the danger of frost.

Outdoors in spring you should have decent rainfall where you won't have to water too much. Don't leave trails leading to your plot. Don't tell anyone...no matter how proud you are of growing your own...you can share here tho.

You've got time...learn and plan.

10. Ok. Thank you.

11. Listen to the mels... he knows.

Also, all of my plants came from weed that got smoked.