So I found $10,000 today....

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by GimmieMore, May 26, 2009.

1. use IMG tags not HTML doggie

2. wow i think we might have a not bullshit story on our hands

3. fuuuuuck fool, that sucks. you could of had a down payment for a sick ass car right there

4. yeah.. i know... i get high and forget... lol i fixed it....

5. wow. hopefully you have got some good karma comin your way. i think if someone deposits 10,000 or more at a bank, then the bank has to report the transaction to the IRS. i'd bet that guy was pretty damn sketchy.

6. fuck man, i would've slipped enough for an ounce atleast

7. well thats good you didn't take it.

it would depend on my situation if i'd take it. Since i don't have a job right now i would of took it. But if i was employed, and in your shoes i woud of reported it.

8. I can't believe you did that!!! I woulda started lining up my waistline real quick. It was better you didn't though, good for you.

Reminds me of a time in high school. some kids found this old ladys 10-30 grand. At first I was remembering 30 but I think it was like 14k. Well they found the bag of money and turned it in, it ended up belonging to an old woman. They announced that on the loudspeakers and everything. We would just respond like "IDIOTS!!" " I WISH I FOUND THAT SHIT!". Man thats nuts. One time my friend found 20 bucks when he was grabbing a Yoohoo, but I never really found any money.

LOL clueless is right. Just enough for an ounce wouldn't hurt, for not stealing the whole thing you deserve it.

9. you got some good things coming your way in the future, don't sweat not taking it. I think you did a nice thing and you'll be reward for that in the long run.

10. He snapped the front back on the pc and said "I don't wanna tou...."

By this point, 550$ is already in my pocket and I ain't stoppin'! :D

11. Either way the punk you were wit would've ratted on you and you'd be in some shit. So it was better you didn't. I would've definitely waited for him to leave though and start filling a duffle bag up.

12. dude, Do you know how much weed that is!!!! thats a new car for me man! your nuts dude plain and simple.

13. honestly, if i would have been presented that situation, i would have given it back.

i know it sounds crazy awesome getting $10,000 for free, but you never know what the hell could happen. your co-worker could've said too much and gotten you in trouble with the wrong people, the guy who brought it in could've figured out later the money was in there, etc.

14. haha nice! I would have done the same thing. I would be too paranoid that a camera would have caught all it all...that or if it's one of those secret shoppers and they try to test you you.

15. Is that Geek Squad?

16. I would took that shit

17. damn aint that some shit
    i dont know if i would of took it or not cuz if they found out u would of been out a job and 5 grand aint worth loosing a for cuz if u got caught u would of had to pay it back and not have a job

but damn i say i wouldnt of done but when if the money was in my face i think i just might have lol

18. karma isnt real. depending on how much you trust the guy you were wit, i woulda taken the whole thing. straight up.

and if karma did happen to haunt you(somehow) you could just buy your way outta it

19. Well good thing you did not take it, that guy could have came back with a gun and shot you in the face or something :eek:.

fucking INSANE story though.

20. It was lowered to $5000 after 9/11.

OP you might be kicking yourself but you did the right thing, cameras or no cameras. Props for that.

My guess is the guy is a dealer or involved in some other criminal activity.