So I finally lost a good friend

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by bwitsne, May 23, 2012.

1. Just like that, the friend who I've known for the past 4 years is moving cause there is nothing here for him. About 4 months ago this was never even a thought. Then we stopped hanging out cause all we ever did was smoke weed together (I was always buying). So once I cut back on that a couple months pass and I guess he realizes that im not going to smoke him out all the damn time.

I bought a motorcycle and stopped giving him rides in my car since I got a bike. So He sits at home and Plays PS3 ALL DAY long since there is nothing to do in my city supposedly. Hes always at home, every time I want to hangout with him he is there.

He's a drop out for one, no GED, No Drivers License, just turned 19, says theres nothing here. And recently the kid went through some hard drugs last year. So his plan is to move back to a really shity city, with a bunch of low life friends, The friend he is moving in with, is a low life. Cuts his arms up and shit, 100% of his arms have been cut on purpose.

I just want to share amongst some blades here, I wish it wasn't like this. But Im learning valuable lessons with friends the past year or so.

I guess I could say, my friends not growing up, and I am. I just hate that I feel like im the best friend he has here, and hes going back to his old buddies now, that are bad influences. He isn't headed for a better life there.

2. i have to go through shit like this every single year.

ive lost many good friends due to their immaturity.

3. So call him mean names and bitch about him on a forum.

Or you can sit down with him and express your concerns like a true friend. There is a good chance he will continue on his downward spiral but that doesn't mean you voicing your concerns won't help him in some way. Maybe hearing that someone cares about him (even if it isn't true) will help a little.

4. out of what you said OP he doesn't really seem like a "good friend" it seems like he was using you for your bud and company. i don't wanna sound mean but that it just what it seems like

your friend seems to have a lot of issues, issues that are completely out of your hands. you can try to stop him from moving to wherever, but ultimately he is going to do what he wants to do :/

it seems like he might just need to know someone out there cares for him. he probably feels like no one gives a shit about him considering he just sits at home by himself in front of some ps3 game

5. Same here, I actually lost all of my friends because they've all moved away. Sometimes I feel like the world is changing but I'm still the same. I am growing and changing constantly but you look at it sometimes in a different way like "damn I've been living here all my childhood", everyone moved out and is doing their own thing but not me. Then when I started looking for an apartment and trying to accumulate to the rest of my friends, I stopped and looked back at home and my family and said "fuck it, it's way too early for me to leave now", I can always get new friends, but my family is my family. I go to college and work and lead a pretty healthy lifestyle, I would have let that go to fit in with my friends. Not in a sense where we are not equal, but on an independent level. Sometimes it's not about fitting in, it's about standing out.

Good luck with that man, you seem to have your head in the right place, sorry about your friend moving. Ahh, life, it brings us together just to take us apart again.

6. Yeah he doesnt seem like a very good friend, if he only hangsout with you for bud, fuck that. Id try talking to him about it, if you cant get through to him then its not worth it,