Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

So I failed my drug test.....

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by charles12, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Not that i didnt know it might happen. I tried a clenser but i guess it didnt work. But now what do I do? Are there any good argments to be made. I heard the hemp seed argument but I also know that companies have fixed the THC content in hemp seeds. But I really want/need this job. Any suggestions would be great.

2. Stop smoking? move on to more hardcore drugs like Heroin, Methamphetamine etc.

3. Hopefully it wasn't a random, because that will follow you to your next job. To appeal, will cost you a lot of money. Did they put your sample in to 2 different containers? If so, the 2nd container is for appeal, but YOU pay for it. I know it was over $300 for the test 5 or 6 years ago, but if you failed the initial, there is no way in hell you will pass the appeal test. There are no retakes.

Those cleansers are bullshit. Unless they are just doing a simple strip test, they don't work anymore. Labs are starting to test for high levels of niacin and the ingredients in those cleansers. The DOT testing labs, will not fail you, but they will not pass you either if they find any of that crap in your piss.

Search my posts for how I've been passing for over 18 years. I take about 3-4 tests per year on average, and I've never failed.

4. The test was a pre-employment test. They only put it into one container. The job market is so bad here i really need the job. At the same time is it gonna be worth it to fight. And will a faliure on a pre employment drug screening follow me to my next job?

5. No, it will not follow you. Only if you are employed already and fail. Even then, you can keep your job if you pay for drug treatment.

Just do not talk to that employer anymore. Forget about that job. By the way, where is here? I know that there are great jobs around me.

6. South Florida. Ive been looking for 6 months and cant find anything over $7 per hour. Im orginally from NY and was getting that as a teen in high school. Mabe I should head out west.

7. How old are you? and head to the midwest, not west.

8. If you really need a job that badly, quit smoking so you know you can pass your test upon entry.

Why stress over it? If you go clean for a month you know you'll pass the next one for sure.

9. Im 23. And trust me after 2 months of not smoking and not being able to find work you will have a joint or 2 also. Its not that i cant stop for work....its when will i get another oppertunity. Im really just upset with my self for letting an oppertunity pass. Ive since stoped all togeather and will stay clean till i find work and pass the test. I was just hoping someone heard of a good excuse i could use to save this job.

10. There is no excuse or argument you could win just live and learn and stay clean for now. Good luck!

11. Sorry, but they won't accept exuses. You are just going to have to look somewhere else. Have you tried apprenticeships at your local electricians, or ironworkers unions? Idk about florida's pay scale, but Central Illinois is pretty solid. For electricians It's $16-$17 an hour to start, with yearly increases until you reach Journeyman. Journeyman make around $33 an hour.

12. Maybe the middle east?:smoking:heh

13. Also, I'm in the same boat you're in, except I brought clean piss to my last DT and I passed. but then the company put a hiring freeze ont he facility and I never got to start. Still looking for a job and nothing is coming up. I have a degree but no work experience, and trying to find a job sucks.

I've been seriously considering the plumbing union because my father and uncle have done that their whole lives and I could most likely get a job.

I dunno what to do really. sucks a lot.

14. its hard for a young person will little to no experience get a decent job in todays market. college degree or not.