Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

So I did my first brownies

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Dankleinman, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Ok so today I decarbed 40 grams of popcorn buds . No sugar leaves no stems . I have no idea what the the content is because it was a bag seed that I grew this from. I decarbed at 240 for 40 min my oven did fluctuate about 10-12 degrees but that was it . After it cooled down I ground up 10.5 grams and put it in 2/3 of a cup of butter and simmered it at 200 for about 10 min then I made the brownies . I cut the brownies up into 12 pieces . Do you think a whole brownie will be enough for someone who usually smokes about 1.5 grams of the same stuff a day ?

Thanks

• Like Like x 2
  2. try & let us know

cheers/

• Like Like x 1
  3. There not for me there for my wife . I cannot afford to smoke or eat anything I grow . It's kind of a pain but I can't afford to lose my job over it. We have random testing all the time . I gave one to my wife about 7:30 tonight it's goin on 9 now and she is out cold ......lol

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Popcorn can be pretty strong.
    Good flower is usually 15-20% thc, but the popcorn is a bit weaker, say 12%.
    If that's accurate then each brownie contained 1/12 of the 10.5 g original herb, or 0.88 grams.
    At 12%, the total thc would be about 0.12*880 mg = 106 mg, which is a big edible dose.
    Even 6% herb means 53 mg thc, which will knock most people out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Id say you got the decarb down :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. nice technique! you do your research here? :)
    I would maybe suggest even simmering for an additional 10 mins
    I'm guessing you left the herb in your cannabutter?

post some pics next time :love-mj2:
    :gc_rocks:

7. To potent. Try half of a brownie for someone who smokes on the regular and a quarter brownie for n00bs. It should be a rediculous ride at the above dosage. Hope she likes it wild!!

8. Thanks guys /gals for the input I just Checked on her and she is still asleep for now . She has chronic pain in her joints and spine so maybe she will get a good night's sleep tonight. She likes the pain relief she gets from smoking but it seems to bother her breathing if she smokes too much/long so I am hoping that I can come up with a good dose for her .
    As far as pics I didn't take many but I did snap one of the finished product just after decarb and a pic of the brownies as they were baking IMG_20190609_173057_01_01.jpg IMG_20190609_143502.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. With edibles your Liver changes Delta-9-THC into 11Hydroxy-THC.
    11Hydroxy-THC is roughly 5 times stronger and 10x longer lasting then the smoked version Delta-9-THC.

This is why we advise new edible users start with a very low dose and add more after a 2 hour wait for the first dose to take full effect.
    I make edible oil capsules for my own pain relief.

Decarb = 240 F for 40 minutes
    5 grams Kief, Hash, Concentrate, Powdered buds.
    2.5 teaspoons Coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin (any kind)
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze (optional) softens material for a better mouth feel.
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes.
    Done.

Fills 30 (0) capsules @ 80mg with Kief. 25mg with powdered buds.

[​IMG]

Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads

[​IMG]

I make 1 drop capsules for new users to dial in their personal happy zone then they'll tell me how many drops was the sweet spot.

For pain medication this works very well and I don't put on the unwanted pounds that eating a brownie twice a day is bound to add on.

BNW

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. BrassNWood
    That's funny you mention getting fat from too may brownies. My wife was just commenting on that this morning . I am going to try to get some lecithin today. I believe my friend has capsules from his kratom and I'm pretty sure I can get the coconut oil at Walmart. Do you know if Walmart will have the lecithin. She ate another full 1/12 brownie at 7:30 this morning and she says that he pain is better but she is not feeling high at all. So maybe I did something wrong with my decarb.

11. Health food stores usually carry it. Online will get you the best price.
    [​IMG]
    This is the one I settled on using. Blends fast and works well. Any of the forms work. The granules are slowest to dissolve, Powder and liquid seem to work about the same.

She may need to increase her dose to "Feel" it. The nice thing about edibles is you can self titrate. As in find your own personal perfect spot with it. Most important is to make the exact same batching every time once you get the dose figured out. Otherwise your starting over with untested strength oil-brownies and taking to much is NOT fun.
    It's bound to happen sooner or later just know it's not harmful and it will pass. Feels very intense and can scare some users.

BNW