So I Cussed-Out A Co-Worker Today... :/

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Millstoner22, Jul 17, 2012.

1. First, let me start by saying that this was the VERY FIRST TIME i've cussed anyone out(NOR do I usually use curse words in my vocab around other people! That's changing tho), and that I have been out of sweet mary J for days now and it's been tough! She keeps me sane and leveled, able to view everything in different lights and perspectives and she keeps me CALM. I feel no anger in my soul whatsoever when she's running through my veins.
    This is going to be long, but I appreciate any honest input from my fellow tokers! THANK YOU in advance to anyone who reads through all of this.

I'll begin!

So there's this girl(I'm a girl also) that I work with who is like 18. I'm over 21. Ever since she found out I smoked (I'm not the only one who does, and my mistake of trusting her and thinking she was a cool person with good intentions) she started acting differently. Several times she's called me early in the morning when I don't work til later on, or on my day off, about things that aren't of big importance. It first started off with her texting me little things about what I need to not do, or things that I should be doing that I'm just not, at the workplace. When I was new, I just said okay, thanks for letting me know, etc. Til eventually I just ignored her little rant one day. I KNOW that I do my job just fine and have even confronted(this past week!) both the business owner and my manager about my work ethic. Both said I was fine!

So this morning I wake up to two several missed calls from the work phone. Then she called again (I already knew it was her) and again, before texting me and calling me from her cell phone. I ignored them all, because instinct and my past experiences told me just to let it go, and that if there was an emergency of some kind, my other co-workers would be trying to contact me also, and not just her. But the nice me worried that something was just terribly wrong and I decided to call back and see what was going on.

She started by telling me what happened(not going into detail, but things are worked out and ok) and then FALSELY accused me of being the one who made this big mistake. I was calm and collected all throughout her rant...at first. I knew where she was going, but was quiet and let her vent to make herself feel better. THEN she decides to ACCUSE me of making the mistake. I told her calmly (oh but I was irritated inside!) that I WAS NOT the one who did was she was accusing me of doing. She told me I was the only one who knew of the incident/issue (the TRUTH was that it was me and one other person who knew) and therefore I was the only on who could have made the mistake. So I told her AGAIN, calmly(!), that I didn't do it! I didn't put the actual co-worker who DID make the mistake, on blast, even though I was there when everything went down. She was speaking to me as if she was the boss, and she isn't. "we can't have things like this happening" and she ranted about what I "need to do next time" (again, It wasn't me who did anything in the first place ugh).

I should have just hung the phone up after telling her that second or third time that it wasn't me, but I had just woken up, and I was tired of her telling lies and creating drama and honestly I jsut have sooo much other shit going on in my life that I'm having to deal with right now, that I just went off. I told her that I was "sick of her fucking bullshit" and that I see through it all, and have since the first day I met her(which is true...she's one of those people that will exaggerate things and twist the truth a bit so that the other person looks like the bad guy) I told her not to call me again with the bs. She was steady trying to accuse me still, and then out of nowhere(well in reality I know it was just her guilty conscience messing with her) got defensive and accused me of trying "intimidate" her (lmao!!!) so I told her I "didn't give a fuck" if she was "intimidated" by me or not and to not call me again, and I hung up as she was trying to keep on, saying that the manager(read on for something funny as heck!) was going to have words with me when I got in and blah blah blah.

I let my manager know exactly what happened immediately after I cussed the girl out. The effin hilarious thing is that my manager was actually the one who made that mistake I was being accused of. :p *shakes head*

So yeah. I feel better after venting, but I guess I just want feedback on what you guys would have done if you were in my shoes, etc.

I apologized to my manager tonight about my choice in words( I said something to my manager in the text about the situation, about this girl's appearance, which was immature and unnecessary on my part :( ), just because I respect her and she's dealing with a ton of other shit too, and I shouldn't have made things harder on her. Things are fine regarding my work status and the incident, but I couldn't help feeling pretty shitty about how I lost control of the anger I was feeling inside. I mean, I felt angry/irritated about it all day, and I haven't felt like that in a LONG ass time. It's just that I was so tired of being falsely accused of shit and it was just all pent up inside and the top blew the eff off. Not to mention that I have to work with this girl again very soon. (sigh.)

I realized that I don't regret what I said, but it would have been nice if I could have just said "I didn't do it" and then just hung up and let my manager deal with it. (No use cryin over spilled milk though, right?The past can't be changed)

I've already been looking for another job, but this situation just sucks lol.
    If I didn't respect my manager so much(and could afford to lol), I'd just up and leave the job. (Due to other shit too, not just today's incident)

thanks guys and please keep tokin' on!

2. #2 BakedLays, Jul 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2012
    I read this novel.
    Feels good telling people off, doesn't it?
    What do you do and what was the problem?

3. When I first saw how long this story was I was about to say fuck it lol but im glad I read it. Anyways hell ya way to stand up for yourself :) don't let no punk ass co-worker think shes hot stuff and has the right to boss people around or accuse you of things you don't do. If you said you didn't do it, that should be the end of it, not some long argument with an egotistic girl. I know how you feel ( I've had to put some people back in their place myself maybe in a more physical way considering im a guy and my anger gets the best of me sometimes) and bottling up your anger is just going to lead to stress and more problems. If she didn't like what you had to say, oh well she can deal with it, it probably won't be the first time this happens to her. You sound like a nice person so it's probably better for her to get told the way it is from you rather than from someone with a real bad attitude.

I give props to you :hello:

4. I'm just wonderin, what job do you work at where if you say a couple curse words you gotta apologize to your manager?

Maybe I just do business differently. I curse all the time and I -am- a manager.
    I vent a lot. It's busy and fast paced. I throw stuff against the wall. I curse inanimate objects. If I'm not where customers can hear me, Ill call them fatasses for ordering so much food.

If I was in your situation, which I kind of was today, I would have had a bunch of choice words. In fact, I did.

5. Forget that mannn, don't put up with that

6. lmao.

this is what you do. just smile and act like you dont give a fuck what the bitch is sayin. it will make her go BANANAS! this one girl i used to work with kept telling me i was way too slow on numbers and what not. i would just crack up and be a smart ass ensuring her im the MVP up in that bitch

really though, the girl obviously cares way too much about her job, so just , idk. kill her with smiles because it will confuse the fuck out of her. also, just ignore it :) u cant go ape shit on her at work btw

7. I would say choke a bitch, but I don't want to incite violence so do not do that (mod disclaimer)

8. Doesn't really matter what she says. I have a lady like that at my work that says I do everything wrong and insults me on the daily. I just nod while jerking off my hand. Right here bitch

9. Thank you. :)
    Actually I felt very angry and then later felt a little bad :p Haha.
    But I'm glad I got my true feelings out.
    I'm smoking on some mary jane and my feelings on the matter have kinda changed :D
    We work with animals LOL. We basically babysit people's dogs all day.

10. LOL I like your sig pics.

11. LOL I actually don't work in a workplace like that. Unfortunately I just have a bad habit of caring too much. Or maybe it's that I care at all :p Haha. Honestly, I called the girl a "fat ass" (in the text to my manager lol. I was pissed!), and that was mainly what I was apologizing for. I just felt like it made me look a little bad. Why I cared what my manager thought tho, that's another story. Your post made me laugh and feel human. Thanks.:)

12. LOL!!! Damn, I should have just laughed! Normally stuff like that DOES make me just laugh(I hate being out of bud!). I'll have to keep that in mind when I work with her next. :D Thank you for replying.

13. if I were in your shoes I would have done the same thing, since it sounds like she's been constantly doing it. theres only so much of that I could handle. Are you thinking of apologizing to her at all, or how are you going to go about that interaction? Just so things arent extremely awkward. Unless she's still bitching at you, then I'd just do what others had said: laugh it off. she will be infuriated, but you will be doing nothing wrong :)

14. You're babysitting dogs.. How much drama could there possibly be? Or is this going to be a new upcoming reality show? :)

15. Damn bitch had it coming. Kick a dog long enough it will bite you. Hopefully your coworker learned a lesson.

16. Damn! I just want to punch your co worker in the face! :mad:

999th post!

17. So, the night before I was supposed to work with this lovely girl, I get a text from my manager saying that the girl had just let her know(this was close to midnight) that she had a "funeral" she had to attend that morning and couldn't work. -.- Lmao. I was just relieved not to have to deal with her. We're scheduled to work together tomorrow morning, so we'll see how that goes! I don't plan on apologizing, but I would love if we could just move on from it and get our jobs done like we used to, without issues. I plan on having a good day regardless of what happens, but I hope something else comes up for her and I won't have to be bothered with it. :)

18. ;) I hope you get to your 1000 soon *cheers for you* lol

19. Honestly, it was time someone stood up to her. I reckon I was the only one who had the guts to.