Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

So I cracked my bowl...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by bottleowater, May 26, 2010.

1. :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Not happy at all. Although the crack isn't bad, I'm still worried it's going to eventually lead to the whole bowl breaking. Any tips to keep this puppy in shape ?

2. I wouldn't treat it yet, just be careful.

3. I dunno. Coat it in some polyurathane or something. I don't know how to treat cracked glass but that'd be my first instinct. Just make sure it doesn't poison you when you smoke it

4. Yeah, I was thinking of coating it with something. But I'd be too sketched out to smoke out of it since the chemicals and what not. Shouldn't I be able to just heat this fucker until the crack melts back together?

5. Theoretically, yes. But in practice, you'll just shatter the whole damn thing, plus you probably don't have anything to get it hot enough or controlled enough to fuse the glass without melting your whole pipe or shattering it.

6. Melting point of glass is about 1500 C if I'm not mistaken. So it will be pretty hard to get it to melt by just household items.

7. Yeah, this sucks kinda knowing I have this annoying little crack in my bowl. I'll probably end up getting a bong or something anyway.

8. save it for looks and buy a new one this happend to my friend and with time the whole thing cracked but he still used it ind anded up getting stitches. he smoked and it got to hot so it broke and cut up his hand

9. Keep smoking outta it and the crack will get filled by resin hopefully :smoking: