Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

so i cleaned my grinder and...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Ensign, Jan 30, 2012.

1. the magnetic pull between the second part and the lip piece feels a bit weak. i took apart the grinder and put it in a bag with some rubbing alcohol and shook it up. is this temporary or am i gonna need a new grinder eventually?

2. Is it a space case type grinder? with one of the little keif screens? I mean honestly if its a half decent grinder you should be able to replace the magnet with a lil DIY skill. Also ive seen some nice grinders last for many years, and many cleanings, seen some cheap ones last a few days and break. HIGHRAMBLE.

3. So the magnet doesn't work and you want a new one? That's like buying a new car after getting a scratch. I use my grinder until the grinder doesn't work.

4. I don't believe the rubbing alcohol restores the polarity of the magnet haha. But in all seriousness that could help cleaning it from sticking and making it harder to twist. Honestly though if it is a good grinder keep using it regardless of the magnet, its not like that affects the grinder's ability to grind up your bud...So keep grindin and keep tokin.

5. yeah, but i enjoy having the magnet on. there's nothing like knowing i can drop my grinder from a reasonable height and not have all my weed spill out all over the floor

6. [quote name='"Ensign"']

yeah, but i enjoy having the magnet on. there's nothing like knowing i can drop my grinder from a reasonable height and not have all my weed spill out all over the floor[/quote]

If you have the top half screwed on then it barely any would fall out. Unless its just a two piece grinder. He blades broke on my old grinder so I ended up buying a new one lol. Should get it today

7. Its probably from banging it against shit, that causes magnets to stop working.

But ya, it shouldnt be that hard to find a little magnet and replace it with some super glue or something if it really bothers you.

8. grind it over a table or cardboard something. if it falls then it will fall onto your table. if you really need something to grind/roll over go steal a tray that fastfood comes on