Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

so i bought a clone from a dispensary

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by drkush2u, Dec 11, 2012.

1. this is my first time legitly growing. i bought a clone roughly maybe..... a feet tall or so.... anyway they gave it to me in a plastic foam cup but i transfered it from there to a 2 liter bottle.... im using the soil it came with and i added more soil from my backyard into the plastic cup..... made holes at the bottom... right now its on my roof cause thats the only spot.
    so why i posted this, i need some help and tips on if im doing anything right or wrong and what im going to need to feed or whatever.. im new at this so please dont judge or anything. im a legal patient in CALI

2. i live with my parents so only option is outside i cant grow inside wtf..

3. You said you we're legal, bro.

4. im legal but i live with my parents....

5. lol then you probably shouldnt be growin man you dont think they can look on top of a house? im just sayin man sounds like a bad idea but best of luck if you have to grow outside get the thing in the ground at lest

6. wow... this isnt an ordinary roof... stop worrying about the spot and help me how to grow. dont worry no one will see this i just need it to grow right. this is the perfect spot

7. #9 Enjoying It, Dec 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2012
    Alright it sounds like you have a lot to learn. You are going to need at least a 3 gallon pot to start with. Being that you are going to be outside I would go a bit bigger, perhaps a 5 or 7 gallon. Smart pots are great and can increase your yield so I advise looking into them. You will also probably want to start feeding it nutrients at one point. There are several good brands worth looking into, General Hydroponics and Advanced Nutrients come to mind. You will also want to be testing you pH and NPK levels to ensure the plant is growing healthy. I could go on, but there is just too much to list in this post. I suggest looking at the cultivation section of the forums to get a better idea as to where you stand and what will need to be done. Best of luck on your grow though.

8. i would be concerned with backyard soil having bugs and diseases and shit in it... not sure if they do it for bags of potting soil but i know soil-less mixes are sterilized before packaging. im a hydro guy so idk that much about soil but i hear lots of people use fox farm ocean forest with great success.

9. So you live with your parents yet you have money to buy a clone. Check your priorities.

10. FFOF is a great soil. Keep in mind it comes with nutrients in it so I would wait a couple weeks before feeding it any if you choose that mix.

11. Let me clear that i haven't cultivated weed(yet) so i can't help you OP.

But dudes. Stop criticizing and judging OP just answer his fucking question

12. HOW the fuck do you plan on growing a plant outside in California this time of year?

13. wait...so you bought a clone without knowing how to grow?

start with shit for your first grow so if you fuck up you aren't out da monies.

14. I bought a parachute and just jumped out of a plane. Can anyone here tell me how to skydive?
    PS: My parents won't let me touch ripcords.

RIP little clone.

15. Smoke weed bro u can fly... so high... like a bird... im pooping

16. His questions have been answered dozens of times, in the right section.

If OP doesn't want to take the effort to do a LITTLE background, why should anyone else?

17. Its mommies roof :smoking:

18. Why've haters gotta hate?

You should consider growing indoors anyway; perhaps think about a stealthy "micro-grow", very popular on these threads - some alert no suspicion of being a growbox. I say this because Froz3n is right, it will not work so well to grow in the winter time, even if temps are still ok - has to do with photoperiod and the amount of light available. Functional? Maybe. Though... an mj plant will stick out like a sore thumb if you put it in the ground in your backyard.

If youre still set on growing it on your roof... Then follow these guys advice: large pots (maybe 3 gal for beginning and 5-7 later on), good soil, good nutrients.
    Since its outdoors you should read outdoor forums explaining how best to deal with bugs/pests.

Best of luck to you bro