Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

So I am new here and I have some questions!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Smoke on water, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Well, I'm kind of new to weed in general. What is a grinder? Do you need one? I don't ever grind my weed... Or maybe I am missing the point?

And what is a kief?

Also, I have some black berry kush. It is the best stuff I have ever smoked. But I haven't done a lot. Is this a really good strain? Or is it just average?

Sorry for all the questions!

2. Grinder just makes it easier to break up bud without your fingers.

And kief is the wonderful stuff that collects in the bottom of the grinder

3. Is it really worth it to go buy a grinder? It isn't very difficult just to pull some bud apart so it will fit in the bowl.

And also what does it mean to cache a bowl? Is that like when you smoke all the greens so it is just ash left? And do you guys smoke that ash or just dump it out? I say it isn't worth the time to smoke it but I have a friend who does.

4. A grinder is a untensil used grind up your weed into a fine consistency. You don't really need one because you can break up your bud by hand but eventually you'll get sick and tired of having to do so. It basically increases the surface area of your bud thus allowing for a more pleasant smoke. Some good brands for grinders are SpaceCase and Cosmic grinders.

Kief is the dried trichomes that fall off of your bud. It's 100% THC, gets you really baked.

I've heard great things about blackberry kush, you're very lucky. Enjoy!

Let me know if you have any more questions

5. I got sick and tried of breaking up bud by hand which is why i bought a grinder. When a bowl is cashed, it means you've smoked all the good stuff and nah don't smoke ashes. dump that shit.

6. You don't get keif unless you get a grinder really. Keif is the trichromes on the bud, they have the highest percentage of thc I think.
    You are correct about caching. Dump the ash out. He's not smoking anything and there's no sense putting that nasty tasting stuff in your system.

7. Thanks bro! Also, there was a stickied thread about people lacing weed with glass to make it look crystalized. How bad is that to smoke? Like what could happen?

And I didn't really understand how you were supposed to check for it. Just rub it on a CD, right?

8. Yeah, or if it hurts to touch it. You'd be breathing in bad stuff if you smoked that.

9. you don't really need a grinder unless you want to roll a joint or blunt. you can use one for a pipe or bong but it generally all comes down to personal preference.

10. yeah miztokealot got it spot on. People do that not only to make it crystalized but also to add more weight to your bud. I'm not entirely sure of what would happen but inhaling glass shards doesn't sound healthy at all. And yes I heard you could slightly rub the nug against the back of a CD and if it scratches the CD you have what's called grit weed. I also heard that if you smoke a bowl of grit weed you will see tiny glass shards in the ashes

11. Anyone else besides me smoke the bowl until it doesn't light anymore? If you just tap a bowl out when you see no more green then you are wasting your bud.

12. OP sounds like he might be a patient. You should be able to buy kief just like you buy hash.

13. A grinder is the best purchase you could make. Make it a stage grinder, so you can collect kief. Kief is the dusty stuff you get off the weed. This is good, say you buy a 8th and grind it all with your 'stage grinder' you get your kief at the bottom, and you can either put that ontop of more bud and get more high, or when i'm out of bud, I put it on some tobacco and get high that way. :) What bud you have, idk, but it sounds nice. My dealer does't tell me what strain it is, so I can't say if i've smoked it before, but look o this forum for dank vs mids forum, and if your weed looks anything like the dank pics, you got good weed. :D

14. everything else has been answered so... black berry kush is a good strain but it depends if your a medical patient or not if your medical i would say the strength is about average if not and you buy from dealer then i guess depending where your at it would be considered dank(good bud) but of course it depends on how it was grown and handled