So...Humans won't make it out of this century.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Solar Being, Aug 9, 2011.

1. #1 Solar Being, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2011
    Yup...we've destroyed the Earth, well more correctly ourselves. The time to act has passed. We are now at a point where there is literally nothing we can do.

My source you ask is this book I'm reading: http://www.dgswilson.com/text/TheFlowerOfLife.pdf

Feel free to skip everything and go straight to page 68 where you will be confronted with nothing but the cold hard truth about our dying planet.

You won't hear all of this information on the News or in the media, only bits and pieces of it. If the general population knew what road we're on, mass panic and hysteria would ensue.

Once again, I'm don't mean to tell you what to believe, read the information and decide for yourself.

2. I am ok with this.

Though whether or not earth lives past this century is irrelevant to me, I will be off this planet before then.

3. So true, allow to rephrase my OP.

4. The picture is true. Earth has endured much more than we could ever do to it. Life will thrive without us.

5. i will miss this fascinating planet

6. I won't. Everything's fucking out to kill you.

If only we had claws, none of this would have ever happened.

7. This one time, I lived life to it's full extent... Resulting in killing off the rest of my race.

Oh well.

8. I didn't know people could see the future..

9. Some can, but it doesn't take a psychic to read facts and discern an inevitable ending...

The most generous scientists give us at the most about 50 more years. Don't believe me, check the source I cited in the OP. If that still isn't enough just Google it...

10. #11 InterceptorP71, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2011
    Meh, I'll be dead in less than 40 years so this doesn't bother me one bit.

11. i just sat and read a good bit of the link, some of the shit that dude wrote is bullshit, but i can kind of believe the end of the earth thing
    weve been hearing about it for so long now though. weve heard so many predictions ya know
    its hard to really like, really believe something these days. especially stuff like this.

12. And that's an interesting point. We have no defense mechanisms. Just our hands and feet. Intelligence didn't even come until much later on.

So with that said, I beg to ask - how the FUCK did humans become the star of the planet without any real defenses? How did we make it this far??

13. Of a college?

14. Opposable thumbs and pack mentality. See the intro to 2001: A Space Odyssey

That is what the poster was getting at. If we had claws, we couldn't develop the technology we did. At least not as easily... We'd certainly be more clumsy.

15. So quick to judge

16. it wasnt a psychic. it was a scientist using the scientific method

17. meh we had a good run

18. i can only hope reincarnation exists and by then we will be some super powerful humanoid titan beings

19. And there is no possible way he knows what will happen in the future.

It's just a theory based on statistics..