so how many push up can you do?

Discussion in 'General' started by Exodus2011, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Do them off a medicine ball, or diamond pushups.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Doing them from a medicine ball works good :) I havent heard of diamond pushups, but i will check them out just now while i have time.

Also different positions of the legs, such as one on top of the other so that only one foot is on the ground makes it work on a different combination of muscles.

3. I still say pullups are the way to go.

4. There was a point where I was concentrating on doing more and worked my way up to over 60 in one go, could do a decent number of one handed push up on each arm and was working on handstand push ups.
    I havnt got that kind of endurance at the moment so its probably more like 25.

5. Fitness Fanatic Takes His Last Breath Of Life

Sun Herald

Sunday January 15, 1995

ANDREA JONES

JON Edmondson was known as the man who stopped the clock. In his mid-50s medical experts said he was as fit as a man in his 20s - why, he could do a world record 2,554 push-ups an hour.

But now Edmondson is dead. In an extraordinary stroke of misfortune, the 58-year-old fitness Goliath was felled by the smallest of things - a tiny embolism, probably a blood clot, which followed a minor back operation last month.

It was a tragic end for the naturopath and world gymnastic endurance champ who claimed his extraordinary youth was due to the anti-oxidants he had been taking for 40 years.

Traditional medical experts scoffed for years at Edmondson's claims and yet in the past decade anti-oxidants, a post combination of vitamins, minerals and trace elements, have been conclusively proven to have power in staving off many of age's conditions, even heart disease and cancer.

"It's ironic that someone who spent their whole life working on life extension and quality of life just didn't make it," said his widow, Denise, a former Miss NSW, who is now carrying on the family business marketing anti-oxidants.

Edmondson died just before Christmas while recovering from a spine operation.

"It was sudden," Mrs Edmondson recalled. "A nurse came around about 2.30 in the morning and said, 'Are you comfortable?'. He said, 'Yes.' and ...(snaps her fingers) he went like that with the nurse actually standing by the bed." The tragedy of Edmondson's death cut short his greatest experiment: himself. He held six world records including speed sit-ups, push-ups and squats.

"Jon felt by doing these records he was going to show he hadn't really deteriorated in terms of lung capacity and physical fitness," Mrs Edmondson said. And unfortunately he became more known for the push-ups than the reasons he'd done them," said Denise.

Jon is survived by two children from his first marriage and Denise, his second wife of 12 years. How long Edmondson's physical miracle could have lasted now no-one will ever know.

Source(s): http://www.fitnessfanatic.com.au/fi...itness-fanatic-takes-his-last-breath-of-life/

6. I can do about 50-60 in a row and I do about 200-300 total when I go to the gym in between sets. I'm 5'7 and about 155 lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Atleast 40 with out trying too hard.