so heres the deal..

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by thaSPACEkadet, Dec 16, 2010.

1. my friend gave me some seeds to grow. his bud is alright but I can tell he doing some things wrong and the plant is not at full potential. For example this dude doesn't pull out males and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dry well or cure for shit either. So what I'm asking do you think if I give the plant proper care the bud will be better in a few cycles?

2. yup.....

3. Hell yes, but you won't neccesarily need a few cycles, as you can get the most out of it on the first go (if you do things right, that is). But most likely you'll need to go a few rounds to get it right. You learn a lot as you go.

4. To a certain extent it ill be better, especially if the other guy doesn't dry or cure properly. But, as far as potency, well, thats determined by genetics. So if the seeds have lousy genetics, then you will have nicely grown shitty genetic weed.

5. I agree with the last sentence, but the potency is also effected by environment, so he could also increase potency. It's been documented that high temp (30 deg C) late in flowering will effect potency in a negative way (and that's just one example).

Anyway, I think you'll be able to improve the results with that strain.

6. slap your mate and grow your own,, why dont he take out the males,, sounds like a bulk dealer to me lol,,

7. Yeah, and why the hell wouldn't he remove them? the males take just as much room as the females! That's just the hight of stupidity right there...

8. Correct, which is why I said it will be better to a certain extent if grown properly. But if the seed being grown is low potency (genetic wise) schwag, even growing it properly will not turn it into dank. Thats determined by the genetics of the strain.

9. Agreed.

10. Like I said though its decent bud, and I can tell it has potential my buddy is just foolish. Thanks for everyones input though I should be starting a grow pretty soon and will post pics and updates; stay tuned.