so help me out.....if you can, much appreciated

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by integrags1991, Aug 2, 2010.

1. first grow, closet, in a fish tank with the stand turned upside down to enclose it, then sun foil around the outside, one 65w cool white 12" florescent tube, one 65w cool blue 3' aquarium light, with blue and white spectrum, started 6/01/2010, on 24/0 for three weeks, then switched to 16/8 been there since, using MG moisture control and Brita filtered water, water once every 2 days when soil gets dry and crumbly. and now i have plant issues. take a look lemme know what you think! thanks!

Attached Files:

2. oh yea, i also have an air ionizer fan to get air moving, here is the whole setup....

Attached Files:

3. they dont look very bad. but get them out of that soil. its terrible for marijuana. get soil without time release nutes.
    they're also stretched a lot. you need more light and if they're cfls; they need to be no further then 5 inches away from the top of your plants
    happy growing:smoke:

4. Thank you sir! so no MG moisture controll, go with some perlite? or what would you recomend for the soil, nothing with nutes in it? im more inclined to grow with using no nutes if possable but thats in a perfect world with no plant problems. throw your opinion out there, i need help! thanks!

5. try to stay away from all Mg soils. look at fox farm soils. they have great stuff and a lot growers on here support, like me:p they have nutes in the soil but no time-release ferts(which burns the plants)

6. Nice! thanks alot, i didnt know the difference in the nutes in the soil as goes the time release nutes, is that like adderol XR? lol:D but ill look into the fox farms! see if i can get it out of the scorching soil! do i want something that compacts? or no something more along the lines of prelite?

7. the soil should be nice and airy. compact soils dont drain well enough. perlite in the soil helps a lot

8. :hello: YAY! thank you for the input, ill try and do it the least stressful way possible, or just chop em down and make some clones and go about heading your advice that way, and strat a new grow, but if i can transplant with little damage or stress i will!

9. good luck man:smoke:

10. ty, ill post up eventually the changes made and see whats poppin!

11. i use the same MG soil my seedlings are only 3 days old and doing okay i think cept today i see some new growth to wat will be my second set of tru leaves is a redish brown color hard to tell what is causing it since the new growth only bout 1 cm long so far.
    This is my first grow so don't take my advice to the bank but i think alot of people just hate on MG just because its cheap i've seen lots of successful MG grows they are all over you tube look for yourself im going to ride mine out. problem is even if i wanted to change soils not like they sell fox farm anywhere near me

12. like the others said your major issue which will most likely destroy your plants in due time is the MG...If you transplant right away you will be good...Try your local Hydro shops and look for a Pro-mix organic, Fox Farms Ocean forest, or Roots Organic...the 3 i have used after i tried Miricle grow the first 2 times and couldn't figure out why my plants were not making it past the 5-6week...Once i switched it was like Night and Day :hello::hello: im sure it will be the same for you...but actually they look good so if you can get them transplanted with a few more lights you will be well on your way...Good luck and keep up the good work and before long you will be :smoking:

13. thanks g, ill have to get the two 100w spots that i have on them again after soil change, if i can or just start clones off of these and then use the "good" soil, when they grow up! but im proud of how far they have came for MG, thanks for the advice Gents! ill get it going and post up some pics and see whats going on and if there is anything else i can do lemme kno!