Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

So grandpa gave me a homemade THC concentrate of some type...

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by OverlordGhs, Aug 18, 2017.

1. I'm wondering if anyone might know anything about it. He showed me how he made it and it's unlike any other recipe I've seen. It's almost like a cannabutter recipe crossed with a green dragon one. He grinded up a couple ounces of bud to be very fine (he didn't decarb the bud, which I found to be odd) and then let it soak overnight in some 140-proof alcohol labeled "Diesel." After that he squeezed the liquid out of the mixture with a cheesecloth (bonus question, he also gave me all of the ground up bud after straining it claiming I can smoke it still to good effect, can I?) and then put the liquid to a slow boil until there was very little liquid remaining and it had the consistency almost of wax (very sticky like wax too, although the color is dark black/brownish). He then gave me about a gram of it claiming I could either eat it or smoke it. The way he consumes it is he puts a very small amount on a piece of bread and eats it. There's just a couple things that don't add up with my pre-existing knowledge of bud and just wanted to be more clear on a few things before attempting to consume it. What is this called? Can I smoke/dab it? Will it provide good results if ingested? Are there better ways to go about whatever it is he created?

Also, sorry if this is posted in the wrong place. I'm new here.

2. No, I think you are in the right section..I am an old (very) hippie, and I have no idea what he made..He is your Grandpa, so I would trust him and at least try some..Just make sure the couch is close by..LMAO

• Like Like x 1
  3. I wonder if Rosin Pressing would make the same product..I would think so..This is some Rosin I pressed a while back..I only dab it..
    stash.jpg

4. Do NOT smoke the cannabis he gave you that was soaked in alcohol, it will still have alcohol in it and will be insanely harsh and probably not very good for you to smoke.

It sounds like he made an alcohol tincture which he then boiled off most or all of the alcohol to create a concentrate, whereas many will boil off most of it but keep in a liquid form. If he decarbed, it may have made it more potent but this still would have worked, even though using 140 proof alcohol isn't quite as good as using 190 proof like Everclear.

You can probably either ingest it or dab it but I am guessing it will be pretty harsh to dab and still have residual alcohol in it.

5. @OverlordGhs
    It's a crude form of RSO (rick simpson oil)
    It's a basic alcohol tincture reduced.
    For better results decarb first (240 F for 40 minutes)
    Freeze both weed and alcohol
    Combine and shake hard for 10 seconds. Strain out spent weed with a potato ricer.
    Reduce to tar.
    [​IMG]
    Making Alcohol based tincture.
    A near full quart jar of decarbed weed and a frozen fifth of 190 proof ever clear. I get back about 3/4 of it.
    The weed is really useless after the alcohol wash and I toss it on the compost heap.
    [​IMG]
    I use a pot still to recover my alcohol for continued use.
    [​IMG]
    Computer fan reduced the last of the water-alcohol off and leaves Canna Tar.
    This is an active concentrate and is quite powerful on it's own.
    Mixed with an equal amount of cooking oil like coconut oil will boost it's bioavailability and double the horsepower.
    [​IMG]
    More details.
    Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture
    I routinely make this from the leftovers after I make dry ice hash from my harvest.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. You can smoke. dab or eat the raw tar.
    If mixed with cooking oil it's only safe to eat as you shouldn't smoke cooking oils.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yah he's also a very old school hippie, he was in the war protests then he was drafted and dragged to Vietnam (ain't that a bitch). I trust him but smoking alcohol didn't seem right... thanks for the reply!

8. Wow that was detailed, nice set up! Best answer in thread so far, thanks for the info.

9. Yah I figured smoking that stuff wouldn't be good, plus the alcohol would have already taken out all the good stuff. Not sure what to do with all the product then, guess I'll throw it out. Thanks for the reply and answering the bonus question.

10. Must be the same age as I am..LOL