So glad I joined

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by 2fly4YoAzz, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Wassup guys and ladies?

I am extremely new to marijuana culture. I am 18 and cant wait to graduate and move out. Ive only smoked pot about 3 times once after my prom last year with some people that go to the college in my town and I didnt get high so I was determined to try it again. That didnt happen until about a couple of weeks ago. When I was at good friend of mines house just chillin doing our norm. Where then his cousin comes over and told me that he couldve gotten some pot for the night.. I was pissed because he didnt. Not soon after that my friends older sister comes in who is a really big pot smoker but we usually dont hang with her cause she graduated two years ago and has a child, but we still conversate. So I asked if she had any weed? She responded with "Fuck yea?! I got a enough for us three(me, her, and my friends cousin) So I am fucking stoked and we head to her bathroom where light some shit up. Then my friend comes in, who is usually down for smoking.. He also fucking lights up, so now I have a good friend who is now a REALLY good friend because of pot! Awesome I know but my story doesnt end there.. A couple of days later he shows me a text from his sister asking if he wants to smoke so green for the night? I was like fuck yeah dude, do it. (BTW its 420 :D) After school he drives by my truck and invites me over, of course I said yeah! But! Yes another but, my girlfriend of 2 and half years was in the truck with me. She smoked pot once, the same time I did (after prom) she was drunk and really didnt know what it was, (Bullshit). When we do have parties I smoke cigs and drink, and so does she. After my friend invited me over she questioned me why he asked? I responded to work on projects. She didnt believe it, she knows about 420 and how I always want to smoke. I then proceed to tell how all pot is a lot worse than cigs and there is no way I will abuse it?! But she isnt the brightest bulb and she doesnt believe that cigs are worse than pot and she is sticking by that and the fact it is a gateway drug, also bullshit! So yeah! there is my marijuana life so far. Im leaving out a bit but I am not sure if yall wont to read it all.. If you wont me to finish just tell me and ill re post.. I honestly still have stuff i wanna get off my chest!
    Ill love some encouragement!
    Thanks (for reading so far!)

Happy toking! :bongin:

2. I'd be glad to hear the rest of your story someone man

3. Haha okay well,
    Okay well back to my main trouble. My girlfriend, she is so afraid of me becoming a victim of pot being a gateway drug. Let me just throw in their when we argued about this topic I am a terrible debater and so is she. But I think it, I just can't say it..:/ I'm ADD. So ofcourse she is left with the media hype of pot is bad and I want a way to show her it isn't. But we made a deal she said if it becomes constant then were done. I mean of that were to happen my life would be shot to hell, she really keeps me straight and out families are really close and just bad things would happen if we were to break up of something like this. So back to the other story. I went to my friends on 420 and smoked! And enjoyed the absolute shit out of it. I mean it was fucking awesome. And monday she finally asked me if I smoked. So I said, duh? She gave me the silent treatment and then followed up with, aren't you going to tell how it went? Soo I told her, she didn't seem amused at all. So I was like fuck it, what ever. But then at school I'll joke with her about getting high before class and she'll laugh her damn head off. I don't fucking get it? She's so damn difficult to read.. I want her to be cool with me smoking pot AND I get her to once and a while too! Instead of some victim of media hype of pot being bad.. Any pointers? And my parents is another story if you wanna hear about that too just say.

And again thanks for reading!

4. Man I really wish I could help with that. But that's my problem too. My girlfriend won't even talk to me when I'm stoned. What's up with your parents? Mine are drug testing me this weekend.

5. Hey man im new as well, I can relate to your situation with your girl accepting your choice of smoking. Her concerns were similar to your girlfriends but i just basically told her all the facts and backed them up. What finally broke her anti weed mentality was when i showed her The Union. GREAT video for debunking myths. Should give it a try haha. Now she lights up with me once in a while haha irony:smoke:

6. #6 2fly4YoAzz, Apr 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Yeah I watched some of it last night and it'll be the perfect movie to show. And which I'll be doing :D I hope it works!

7. #7 2fly4YoAzz, Apr 27, 2011
    Well my parents don't know. And I really want to tell them but I scared of what my dad will think? They know I drink about every other weekend and they dont mind as long as I'm smart, but they have no idea about me smoking cigs, and neither will they. I'm actually not going to smoke cigs anymore. But me and my dad are pretty close, we hunt and fish together and when we usually get done with turkey hunting at my great granparents house we always visit my older cousin (he's about 35, no girlfriend, he's gotta job at the bookstore at the college here and has had it for as long as I can remember, so what I'm trying to say he's not a bum. ) who know lives there cause they both have died. But everytime we walk in he is stoned out of his mind and my dad thinks it's funny and we all know he does it and we really don't hate on him about. But I have never talked to my dad about pot, I don't think he'll appreciate it.
    And mom is a different story, shes a teacher, and like my dad, were pretty close, but I'm a mommas boy hardcore. Sometimes she'll joke around about smoking, but I know it's only joke, and we talk about pot sometimes but never about me smoking it. I will sometimes talk to her about prop 215 and how Georgia should pass it a prop like that. She would respond with hell yea! Or something along the lines like that. I really want to tell them I smoke it. But I'm afraid of them freaking the hell out. But if I tell any parent first it'll be my mom. Cause she can handle stuff like that. I mean I've came back from a lot parties reeking of weed but I tell her I didn't smoke. What do I do? Talk to them when I move out? Because me and my friend(the one I mentioned earlier) Were renting a house together for college. And help or are you having similar problems? :)

8. The Union is a great film to show her, you may also want to look into the movie "How Weed Won the West," you can find it on instant watch Netflix. It is very similar to The Union and more updated.

You can also look into the book "The Emperor Wears No Clothes" by Jack Herer. It lists all the benefits the herb provides and how beneficial is it to our livelihood

Hope this helps good luck!

9. #9 2fly4YoAzz, Apr 27, 2011
    I'll be showing her that soon :)

10. Tell us how it all goes! I wonder if your girlfriends opinion would change a bit.

11. #11 2fly4YoAzz, Apr 27, 2011
    I'll definitely will be following up with this! Her opinion is easily changed with the right argument that I can never provide. I always have to get someone else to do it for me. Hopefully The Union will be that person!

12. And here comes Granny as Myth-buster! See that first link in my sig? Click it!

I have the scientific studies to blast apart the "Gateway" myth and just about every other bit of prohibitionist BS! Man-boobs? See "Hormones"- even the US Army said this myth was bunk! Got stuff on "Amotivational Syndrome", too.

For your parents, you might just take a look at the various sections- chances are I have some articles that will apply to their heath! Diabetes, Fibro, many cancers, Alzheimer's, high blood pressure, arthritis, and much more!

And to reassure Mom that your brain will not be damaged by pot, there is a whole section "IQ"!

Granny

13. Okay so following up!

After school today, my girlfriend came over and we watched The Union. It went well she isn't as afraid as she used to be. But she still is swearing she won't smoke it or do anything with me if I am high. But she saids she doesn't have a problem with me doing it. So I suppose it worked! Thanks for the help and encouragement!

I do have a another problem, but I will start a new thread for it! It's about me picking up my first order. It'll be in the apprentice toker thread, if you're interested.

Thanks again guys!

14. Yea that's what my girlfriend said to me at first, she wouldn't want to be around me when im high. I always was though, she probably thinks you will be really different like the stereotypical stoner. Well she is wrong haha. I was high once and told my girlfriend and i just said "see you cant even notice it, im no dofferent."

That is unless you are all dumb mixing words up cant stop laughing type of high.

15. Well as long as you can prove to your parents that you are responsible and that you dont have a problem, I'm sure they'd be more understanding. I mean, you are a recreational toker, and you don't blaze daily so it's not as big of deal as what I got into. Just make sure to not get carried away man, I really messed some things up and practically flushed my life down the drain.