So far, so good?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kalamitous K, Jul 15, 2011.

1. I tried starting a grow with just one seed in the pot, but it didn't take, so in a rage, i planted all the seeds i had at once, and they've sprouted! how do they look? I'm kinda concerned about the few leaves that appear to be peeling. i plan on keeping them out on my porch until you can tell what they are, and then put them in my grow box.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

how do my sprouts look?

2. Maybe you can salvage one

3. theyre not all peeling, just three. does that mean they're burning? i can move them so theyre in partial light if that's the prob.

4. bump for burnage?

5. gonna be hard to seperate them, if they even grow.

6. Yep!!

7. i would almost gently rinse the soil from roots..and replant them like sprouts..hate messin' with the tap..or could 1/4 it and hope ya get a couple:smoke:..theres no rage in growin':poke:

8. so natch, i need the hardiest sprouts, i'll dig em tomorrow and replant the best ones. i might even get a few more pots. i'm transitioning to an indoor grow once they're recognizable.

is there a gentle way I can dig them out? the stuff is bag seed, but i put ALL the bagseed in the pot while raging. suffice to say i don't want to kill them in the process.

9. damn bro you think you got enough of em in one pot lol.

10. i think i have too many, because my first seed failed to take root, i threw in all the ones i had thinking it was a soil problem. is my n00b showing yet?

11. Between male and female? That will take a while outside, but just between sativa or indica (mixes will be harder) it should take about a week to see the first true leafs. And those should give you a good idea.

12. remove rootmass from container...gently rinse away the soil till ya start exposing seedlings..so eventually you will just have seedlings and their roots..pick out the best..in small pot..poke a small hole..plant seedlins..rooting hormones would be nice here...gently pack soil around them..water lightly with ph'ed distilled water around edge of cup not disturbing the tap root anymore...hope and pray:smoke:each day it gets worse..be quick

13. the peeling problem fixed itself. they've really shot up in the last two days, and i think the best way to handle to problem is to wait til i can identify the female plant, and then just clip the rest. i know that if i were to try and dig the good ones out, i'd just fuck it up. more pics later today.

14. the other plants rotting roots are a potential problem..we will see:smoke:

15. #15 kalamitous K, Jul 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2011
    no more peeling, no more brown. just a shit ton of sprouts now, and they're all necking out towards the sun. i've never seen a plant do that before, so this is all really cool to me.

here are the updated pics. so far all the sprouts have 4 leaves. i think if i cull the smaller ones that i'm obviously not going to use, the roots should decompose rather quickly. the others i'll just pluck out, i won't snip them if the roots may present a problem.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Never saw anybody do that before. Were you drunk?

17. me? no. this is my first grow, and i thought i had bad soil, when it was just the seed i was using before. how do these lookso far? theyre maybe a lil more than a week old. how long til ill be able to pick out the females?

18. :eek::eek:its a micro sog:D

bout 5 or 6 week on flower..its gonna be a chia pet by then:rolleyes:

19. lol, this funny.

20. Kalamitous K. I don't know if you've read into some of the comments posted so far, but here's my take. They look great...they also looked doomed to die a horrible death in a mass grave, if this were Houston, we'd have a problem.

That being said, I beg of you to please follow Deacon's advice. I have nothing but love for fellow growers and much love for your wishes to start a green family of illegal mexicans trying to get across the board in one vehicle, but they just won't make it like that.

Here is what you need to do (in my strong opinion). Follow Deacon's advice (see all those green bars under his name, that means he gives really good head, I mean advice). rinse the soil down off the roots and gently separate each seedling and put them into their own pot. If you wait too long (you're already pushing it to the brink) the roots of each individual plant will entangle and choke each other out, their systems competing for the same source of nutrients, air and water in a limited space, if they do make it, they will be a calamity.

Mix yourself up some nice soil, use some soil (not premixed with nutrients, just plain old soil) get some perlite in a bag and mix it up throughly until its fluffy and maybe throw some compost in there. This isn't Monty Python's "Every Sperm is Sacred" Skit where you cram 19 million babies into a room and feed them all the same shit.

Lets get growing.

Subb'd for both the humor of it and to see if you take advice well :) The sign of a good grower is not the size of his or her plants, but the size of his or her balls...no wait, that doesn't work. Oh nevermind. Just get to it already before your plants look like Frodo ended up here: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRthUM-Gz1A]‪Frodo Caught In A Spider Web‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Peace and Love,
    The Doc

P.S. We're trying to be Samwise for you here...follow the light!!!