So do stems get you high or not?

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by DigDouglas35, May 6, 2015.

1. I've found myself asking this question a lot recently. Just because there's so much debate over it I've heard it from both sides of the river. One says yes they do, but it's not a complete I'm stoned feeling the other says there's no thc content at all so no you won't even get a buzz. Maybe you guys could provide some answers for me?

2. Oh and this is my first post! :) So thanks for everyone who replies! I am thankful I found this site just a bunch of stoners congregating on one site it's beautiful!

3. Yes they do, though they don't have much of the Active compounds and is best used for flavouring instead of medicine.
    I have smoked stems as well and can say that they do give you the effects of being "high", though the effects were very minuscule and could only be felt if you know what your looking for or rarely consume cannabis in the first place.

Being high is just relative to ones individual tolerance level.

Someone who consumes cannabis on a daily basis probably wont feel much, if anything at all from stems. Whereas someone who consumes less often, maybe about once a week to once a month, will feel a lot more.
    This can depend on many factors, not just frequency of consuming.

Simply just getting excited and thinking you will be higher from that joint will create a placebo effect and actually feel like you are much higher.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

4. stems can get you high if they have a nice trich amount

then just give em an iso bath, and evaporate for some hash when ur in a fix

don't smoke stems though[​IMG]

5. I forgot to say smoking the stems usually has a bad taste, but using them for cooking, like a tea, gives them a much nicer flavour

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

6. Dunno, give 'em a try....

[​IMG]

7. Years ago I was almost desperate enough to do this one winter where I failed to stock up prior to a massive snow storm and therefore was dry and unable to get anywhere while snowed in. i ground them up and just wound up sorting out all the keefy looking stuff from the stringy hemp looking parts. Smoked decent and got a good buzz, but basically just another step down from smoking res. I'd just toss them, or if you tend to accumulate large quantities of stems use them to make tea or hash oil.

8. Stems will shrink your penis don't smoke them

• Like Like x 1
  9. Stems will make your balls explode so don't smoke them

10. #10 левша, Jun 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2015
    Lol^
    I generally wouldnt smoke them by themselves but if youre low on bud and want to conserve that bud you can fill up a bowl with some bud and some stems to keep the bud around longer. Works just fine for me.
    As per your question stems indeed do have thc and whatever chemicals you need to get high but obviously significantly less than bud. So do what i said and you can ingest those stems without any issue, or make edibles/hash/tea

11. We saved our stems for a few months once and made some tea out of them. It tasted good but I'm not sure if it got us stoned because we were already stoned when we started drinking it...

12. Yeah they get you high, but only because there's some keif stuck on them. It's not the stems that get you high, but if you toke em you smoke the bit of keif on me and you can get high.

13. I don't know much about this. But I thought I would post a picture of a guy I follow on Instagram. I would smoke this stem ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1443977280.666029.jpg

14. From what I understand, they'll work, but they don't have a lot of THC in them.

15. im just here wondering why OP is banned when the only two posts he made were the ones in this thread

16. #17 Deleted member 281310, Oct 13, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
    When I first started smoking 6 years ago my cuz told me that smoking stems makes you sterile. I still don't fuck with them. the stems that is

17. Nice, I didn't notice. That must be like an accomplishment or something.

18. Stems should have small ammounts of resin left over from the flowers that typically share your bag or jar.

I wouldn't smoke the stems all the way, but you can definatly lightly burn them, vape them, or cook them to extract all the thc you can

-Yuri

19. sorta...i only smoke them when a REALLY want to smoke