So Disappointed in Obama...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mist425, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Wow... This is pretty pathetic.

Obama to Propose Freeze on Some Spending to Trim Deficit - NYTimes.com

So in a weak attempt to gain political points with Republicans by playing the "I'm fiscally conservative" card Obama decides to make insignificant cuts to the budget by freezing funding to education. While not increasing farm subsidies might be somewhat positive, none of the other program cuts really mean anything - and counterbalanced with the freeze on education it's just an absurd proposition.

The Pentagon, however, is not subject to a freeze and, of course, the war machine keeps on churning.

I feel foolish... Obama's not the antichrist or the head of the illuminati; he's just a very mediocre president :(

2. It is pretty dissapointing man, to "freeze" our tax money going to fundamentals such as education but yet to exempt the freeze on "security related" budgets (aka maintaining the empire).

3. you're giving him way too much credit.

4. How about just cutting up Nancy and Harry's no-limit taxpayer funded credit card? (and give Nancy a smaller jet)

5. This is a bad decision, unless you agree with Evan Bayh and Ben Nelson. Obama and his economic team are as Rahm Emanuel would say, "fucking retarded".

Of course, no spending freeze for the Pentagon. That would be too radical.

1937 anyone?

6. another mediocre decision made by our mediocre president. sigh.

7. lol, "mediocre".

It's funny watching the transition from denial to anger as the Obamabots begin to grieve over their complete lack of insight.

8. This reeks of arrogance.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Believe it or not, there are some of us in America that saw this shitstorm coming.

10. #10 phire420, Jan 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2010
    It's funny watching a fool make an even bigger fool out of themselves.

11. I'll admit, humility is not my strong suit... but alas, tis the prices of always being right. :p

I don't think Obama is "the worst President ever", or whatever you originally said, but he's just as bad as every President before him. I wouldn't call Bush, Clinton or Nixon mediocre either.

12. Ya know, its pretty funny to see people expected something else. Did you think this guy would be able to save your country because hes black, and well spoken? :rolleyes:

As for me, its impossible for me to be disappionted in Obama. This was clear from the start. McCain would have been doomed from the start. Ron Paul would have been doomed from the start. Anybody, taking over from Bush given the task to save the financial shithole that is the USA, would have been doomed from the start.

13. don't give up hope guys. this is change we can believe in.

14. Well give yourselves a big pat on the back. Everyone walks their own path wiseguys, so spare us with the "oh well i told you" horse crap.

15. I've found it funny, out of a 700+ billion dollar porkulus package, they were able to find 2 million in expenses to cut.

16. Do you really need to call me an 'Obamabot'? The reason for my support for Obama was because his political/economic beliefs seemed to be alligned with my own. Being witness to contrary evidence, my opinion has altered.

17. How can you guys say these things? It is just so beyond me... Things have improved slightly since Obama has come into office. He came in at such a horrible time, there is absolutely no way he could have us perfect by now, only a year later. Am I saying he's the greatest guy and that I agree with everything he does? No. I think he has done an okay job so far, but needs to stop trying to please everybody so that he can get the really big issues dealt with.

Shitstorm coming? I guess you're talking about when Bush came into office..... Yes, I saw that too. How can you say that we are in a worse position than we were a year ago?

Like I said, things have slightly, very slightly, gotten better, give his some time, but I am not really sure where you pulled this shitstorm from. Just kidding, I know it was from your ass. :rolleyes:

18. I'm just curious, genuinely curious, when did you see this coming?

Should we be shocked or surpised? Is this something we have never seen before?

I would like to know how much taxes are you actually paying to the federal government, and of course that makes a difference if your rich or poor

Fiscal conservative spending. Not a single administration in modern Amercian history has accomplished this. See how much doesn't change when Republicans are in office? Or a Democrat?

Everybody likes to point fingers, but hardly anyones pointing in the right direction, my self included.

Where should our tax dollars go? Nasa? Healthcare? Medicare? Environment? War Department? Education? Welfare? S.S.? Law enforcement? Corporate and bank bailouts? Stimulus Checks? Infrastructure? National Parks? Farm subsidies? Disabled veterans? Ect.

And how much?

Before anyone bitches about Obama, or this admistration or another, why not come to the table with a plan for creating jobs, balancing the budget, and an equitable tax table?
    The holy trinity.

Anyone?

19. Well said.