so complicated....

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by PlAsId HiT, Mar 11, 2010.

1. ok i see everyone talking about there little operations they have going on with growing and it seems so complicated, but i dont have the time, money, or skill to dedicate to all of this stuff. so is there any way i could just germinate some seeds, put them in a pot by the window sill and just water them however oftain your supposed to and they will grow?

2. sounds like you may be better off germing some seeds and planting them outside and hoping nature likes you..lol

the window sill doesnt work, they will grow for a minute then get really tall from lack of light then fall over and die.

3. Sure, that is very old school. You will have low yield and low quality, but you can do it. We try to build techniques to give high yield and high quality, but it can be at a high cost initially.

4. You can for sure grow a plant in a window. You are going to want keep it container small acourse and also alot of training and pruning to keep manageable. Also u will need to know what ur Seasonal cycle is, if the suns only up for 12 hr a day then Ur plant going to want to flower. So u may want a little extra cfl to help it grow a bit tell Ur ready for Flowering. Again it can go the other way to if u have over 12hr light say 14hr light then Ur plant going to grow and may become to big so u will need to have a Cover or Dark closet to place plant in for it 12/12 cycle. It most definitely can be done u just got know what u want & how Ur plant is going to achieve it. Also it wouldnt hurt to take the little girl and set her outside full sun every once in awhile!!

5. You can refurbish or buy a small case/drawer/closet/pc case/etc

And purchase CFL's that are in the bluish spectrum of light preferably the 6500 kelvin bulbs.

Or you can grow up and purchase HID light setup..such as a 150watt,250,400, and so on.

You can plant outside in pots, but i wouldnt suggest you do so...since neighbors can be nosey and rat you out.

pick up some CFL's or a HID setup...you'll thank us all later

6. its great that everyone is trying to help but did every one other than me miss this part of the post? it just seems like they want to throw some seeds in some dirt in a pot and 3 months later have a huge plant just full of juicy ripe buds without doing anything other than watering it once in a while. (god if it was only that easy..lol)

7. Valid point. The answer is yes, you can grow on a window sill, but don't bet the farm on the plant surviving or yielding more than a handful of grams, even after many months of patience

8. well thanks everyone. im not really in it for massive quanity and stuff that will tranqualize a horse. im usualy an occasional smoker so waiting about 3 months for a handful of grams will usualy last me till the next harvest. so this sounds about right for me.

9. post a journal so we can watch, im curious to see

10. Sounds like ya are better off with beans...windosill wont work unless ya start them according to the right season...and if it the right season put em outside. Ya need the right light cycles to produce bud. And any bud ya produce from a windowsill will be mediocre at best.

11. KOG_ hahaha just buy a bag of weed hahaha

A couple grams last 3-4 months haha If I could only dream hahaha

12. #13 OrganicIsBetter, Mar 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2010
    yea if you don't wanna dive in at least feet first, don't bother... just buy a bag :p

it's not that it has to be all complicated... but if you don't have a couple hundred bucks to throw at an initial setup, you really shouldn't risk going to jail....

and if you're growing in a window sill it'll go by light's schedule... which means more along to lines of 6-8 months and you'd be lucky if it survived,m better yet produced more than $20 worth