So close!! When would you chop??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Newbzb_22, Nov 24, 2020.

1. So close and I’m getting impatient!! Do these look close... these are the only really white hair sections left on the top of main colas... let me know what you think guys! All your help is always appreciated!

IMG_4937.JPG
    IMG_4938.JPG IMG_4939.JPG IMG_4940.JPG IMG_4915.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  2. I dont think theyre as close as you think judging by the large amount of white pistils. Definitely could be a few more weeks.

imo.

j

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Love the avatar! The only thing I’m really showing in those photos is the tip tops of the bigger colas.... the whole plant is pretty much all orange hairs except from the top (probably because they are a little close to the light)... if I was to chop right now I would say the plant as a whole is 80%+ orange hairs and less than 20% white....

4. I think they need a little more time, still has white pistils and leafs only seem to be starting now taking the nuts from them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. the calyxes look like they need to swell for at least another week ,,,,,,use this chat to guide you by looking at the trichomes and pistils ....mac,, when-to-harvest-cannabis-diagram (1).jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. I would wait and I would also cut out the nitrogen, just leave a lil, like in the calmag? idk how u feeding, so... just saying.
    @Papa Puff yur never going to make me believe that bro. I Love you man, but more pistils is good in my books, I don't mind foxtails, and beyond that, more light, more THC (well there's a limit too u know). kk tc

nevetheless, don't u dare chop er yet :pimp:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. This definitely needs more time. I personally suggest a little more patience.

92A8849C-4492-4A8A-AC36-7EECC58469B1.png

j

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I guess I hate the regrowth and whit pistols starting all over. Doesn't happen in nature in less it gets hot when its been cold.nor exposed to extra light. Thats what I go on. I base it all on how it grow in nature from planting and vegging for months to the light reduction in winter to the cool off. I don't even like flowering outside after solstice cause I got this weird thing that photos aren't used to more light everyday. Now yes it is still under 12 hours. I guess I'm turning into a tree hugger! I cut my teeth outside. I guess it doesn't mean things can't be different in doors. Or like when Matt Damon grew potatoes on mars lolllll

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. I also see guys that grow those out for like an extra month to let them finish. Like 12-16 weeks. Time could be on next grow? When it happens to me I cut the new pistols off when I trim it lolll

• Like Like x 2
  10. If I get any kinda tits or reveg like growth I cut that off into the bugs n
    Me too. U see how I trim

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. its a good point u make, but I'm so after the freaky mamas all the time :D I been seeing three waves of pistil formation when plants are happy and then I normally call it. And some people blame high light for weird stuff, but I like em weird and freaky too, everyone needs the Loving :love-mj:
    Since 2020 kinda sucked for me, here's an example from last year instead
    upload_2020-11-24_23-0-18.png
    OP note the fan leaf color, its gone ! sucked the nitrogen right outta them leaves ;)
    three waves of pistils in that plant (colorado cheese ACSB.co)

also, on a side note, @JoshuaE reco'd this video for me and I enjoyed it very much

Bruce Bugsee claims 1500 ppfd, that's some serious lighting that I hardly ever hit (according to a lux calculator that is). I heard claims of 2500 ppfd? thats just nuts.
    I've also been using side lighting with much success.

Quoting that paper I mentioned earlier (Closing the Yield Gap for Cannabis: A Meta-Analysis of Factors Determining Cannabis Yield), "THC and CBD per square meter increased with light intensity while yield per W decreased with increasing light intensity (Figure 4). The increased accumulation of THC and CBD at 600W m−2 suggest that these compounds are produced to limit the effects of light stress at higher light intensities as a result of a stress response (Mansouri et al., 2009b; Mansouri et al., 2012)".
    And now I review that figure and note, its not always the case (those liars!)
    upload_2020-11-24_23-15-56.png
    Conclusion: these guys don't know wtf they are talking about. I think one blade hit of my hash would send them into a psychosis.
    Other conclusion: plant specific ;)

see, me and @Papa Puff are both right :love-m3j:

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. I don’t have much patience but I turned down the light a bit and gave it some extra dark time to hopefully hurry the process up! Too bad, would have went well with turkey!!

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

13. You could always take a couple smaller test nugs - but patience is just a big part of gardening.

To get the best possible quality product will in itself take time - the cure process itself takes time.

These last couple weeks make ALL the difference. Flavors increase, aromas become more pungent and overall weight increases.

I always ran two separate areas to create a staggered harvest, commonly referred to as a “perpetual setup”. In a smaller veg area clones or seedlings are vegged to size and every week or two you simply add your best plant into your larger flower room/area. Once the cycle hits its stride you end up harvesting a plant every 1-2 weeks, leaving you with a constant supply.

j

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. even if it were done today, you need to dry, cure, take about another month or so... think Xmas instead.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. And a great Xmas gift it will make! Any small tent drying advice? Through all the runs I've done of my last strain I've made most mistakes that can be made I think, but anything helps! Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Currently don't have the room for it but that is exactly what I'm working towards! I've gotten better at the curing process over my last few runs but I've messed that part up more than anything. The results from my last run were great except I ended up molding a cola or two during drying. Ya live ya learn... I love it so it's all just making me a better gardener!

• Like Like x 2