So Cal Growers Unite

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by AloeRuss, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Thanks! Yeah I got real lucky and was able to get a place that has some nice scenery. It’s an old house, actually an old hunting cabin built in 1926. The repair work never ends.

And yeah, a few other people on here told me what that bug was and I looked it up. Had no idea they were here. Apparently they’re an invasive species. San Diego is having a problem with infestations of ‘em in some of their communities.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  2. I’m not an outdoor grower (usually!) so I’m not 100% sure about your question...but here goes what I would do...first off I’d ask a couple of people that have been growing outdoors here in California for a while and get a more experienced viewpoint than mine. My move in your situation would be to play it on the side of safety...I’d trim the plants to the desired size and leave the lights on til august first, then shut the lights off. Just to make sure they don’t re-veg and cause you lost time and a headache.
    Anyone else? (BNW, I’m looking for you!)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. That's what I'm starting to think. Trimming would be safer than removing lights and hoping for the best.

My plants are sitting at about 4/5 feet and I have a max height of about 8 feet.

4. How tall are the plants and how much room do you still have up top?
    You can shut the lights off now and they shouldn't flower for a couple months yet. You can cut the tops multiple times if you need to. I have even cut tops during flower and it didn't hurt anything. Just kept on running out of room no matter what I did. You can also bend the stems over and tie them off, if that's enough to help.

5. Max I think is about 8 feet. They sitting at 4/5 foot now.

Since I have had the lights on them if I remove the lights they would go into flower. That would be going from 18 hours to 14 hours of light.

Question is would they reveg

6. No, the solstice is over. Days start to get shorter now. Anything without a light on it will start to go into flower without reveg. Should be able to get two more crops in by the rainy season

Sent from my SM-N975U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I see yall LA cats but check out my bay area grow 20200627_095000.jpg 20200626_180423.jpg

• Like Like x 5

8. Sub to my channel!!!

9. That is what I was thinking. They are looking so healthy right now too.

I'm thinking july 6 take the lights down.

10. hey guys I'm in the middle of building a frame and trellis support for a plant.

[​IMG]

ive built the base already but am not sure how i should build the rest out. Does my rough draft look good to you guys? the 2 squiggly blue lines represent trellis nets. So I'm thinking about having my frame open up wider at the top to support a wider canopy. And have two trellis nets like in the picture. Seem like a good idea? any thing I should consider re-designing? Would appreciate any and all input!

11. Hmmm. Maybe I’m missing something...how are ya gonna get the bottom trellis net on that low? Or is that just where you’re gonna put a net around the outside of the plant? I like the idea, tho. It’s like legos, you could keep building up if ya have to!

• Like Like x 1
  12. oh yeah i forgot to mention that the bottom trellis would be supported by horizontal pipes that connect at 4-way tees. a 4-way tee on each corner of the bottom trellis

• Like Like x 1

13. I have 2 cloth soil beds I have been trying to get rid of with all this already built in. They are 4ft x 3 ft x 18 in deep. You can change out the trellis pipes and make it as tall as you want. It's all made from 1 inch pvc

75426248_2456296504692006_6995931249775091181_n.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  14. The pvc’s kind of a cool idea. I was gonna build a bamboo “cage” around this one. Maybe I’ll go pvc. Hmmm.
    IMG_3094.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  15. They will slam into flower. Like most I'll go lights off Aug 1st but I don't have height limits unless 30 additional days of veg does more then I expect.
    Looks good.

If they overrun the tomato cage I drive a pipe in next to the stem and wrap her with brick cord. It's cheap and comes in 500 foot rolls. :)
    I tie it off and start wrapping them up.
    [​IMG]

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  16. Turned off the lights last night. So today is day 1 of flower. They are looking great. Topped them with my everything mix ( seriously idk how many different amendments into 1 bucket) and a micro blast. Gave them a little trimming around the edges, hit them with neem and protek. Pulled the plug on the lights

My whole 10x7 box is filled. 4 plants was perfect.

20200629_212709.jpg

20200629_212658.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  17. Happry Independence Day everyone! :)

Check out this "Rough Draft" of my PVC cage!:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i havent finished yet because I was hoping to get some opinions from you guys before "finalizing" it. Do you guys think i should make the top section shorter (lower the top trellis)? Make the bottom trellis net lower maybe? or both? The plant is about 2.5 weeks into flower. There would be two trellis nets, one at the top and one at the horizontal pipe in the middle. Not sure if the current heigh is too high for the trellis nets. Also wondering if i should use twine to make my own net or if i should just buy a trellis net pre-made and wrap the frame with it?

Appreciate any and all suggestions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1

19. Always allow room for expansion. These fuckers always get bigger than you think and you rather be prepared than running in circles to make it work.

I know you can get 4 way pvc on Amazon for the corners so if you have to you can just add on if needed.

• Like Like x 1