So Cal Growers Unite

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by AloeRuss, Dec 7, 2013.

1. nah..i don't do any of that stuff any more..i hv seeds left frm those days that mostly are duds when i try to germ them..keepin it simple these days

2. @BrassNwood

I’ve got some plants under 18/6 cycle indoors. Do you think I’m good to transfer outside on June 1st? I’m getting nervous as they are already over a foot tall. I don’t want monsters so I might just clone the hell out of them.

Thanks in advance.

3. Put it down to 16/8 and bring them outside in the sun as much as you can to get them used to it.

4. @GrowingtheDream

Thanks. They go outside everyday right now. Since I’m not planning on transferring outside until 2 months, you think it’s ok to switch to 16/8 the last month?

I have seedlings in the same room.

5. Yes. Everything will still veg at 16/8 I wouldn't go below that

6. Thanks!

7. I try and start plants I'm going to set out for summer and want time matched to be 15-9 or 16-8.
    Changing to shorter day hours has always triggered flower on every plant I've attempted it on.
    18-6 to 16-8 or to outside on June 1st is just to great a drop in hours and will likely trigger flower.

Your other option is to stay on 18-6 and add supplemental light when you set them out. Keep them lit up at night until Aug1st.
    Doesn't take much to keep them in an awake state and vegging. A 15 watt CFL or even an incandescent back yard flood will be enough.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. @BrassNwood

Why can’t they go into flower in June? The longest day is mid June so after that we have decreasing sunlight hours.

9. The actual trigger time is around 14.5 hours per day or less.
    IME June and July will veg dependably in So Cal. The light changes enough about the 1st of Aug that by Aug 15th or so the plants are showing good signs of flower.

Seeds can be planted directly outside as early as May 1st as seedlings are not light aware for the first 30 days or so.

Spring set holdovers much past June 1st will foxtail badly and start pushing out new growth destroying the existing formed buds if left to long in the lengthening days.
    ( It's actually the month before and after the Summer Solstice so May 21st to July 21st.)
    YMMV

BNW

10. So do you think putting them out In June would cause them to start to flower then revert?

11. I’m at a crossroads. I have 12 plants that are already in preflower under 18/6.

They are over a foot tall.

I was hoping to put out June 1st.

If I put them out now would they finish?

I’ve got 18 more seedlings already started and 12 of them are feminized.

So, I’ve got a lot to keep going until August if that’s my option.

12. Also, apologies for all the neurotic second guessing questions!

13. Just throw them out mid June. They will be fine

14. After looking at the recent growth this evening, I’ll be forced to!

15. By all means setout June 1st. I will and it'll be a mix of 24-0 clones, Fresh seeds I'll get under a time clock today at 16-8. I'll keep the main garden filled with the 24-0 stuff as I can set a clamp light to shine on that group and keep them lit till Aug.

Patio SIPs the sun gets to high in the sky and they are shaded for summer and I can't light them very well.
    I've dragged them around in years past to use them in the high season.
    All valid concerns and questions. I've had mixed results from my summer grows with most going into flower as soon as I set out since I've vegged under 24-0 for years as it works best the 3 off season sets.

Last summer was one of the better sets as I kept it under lights after setout. I keep experimenting and some succeed better then others.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. As for setting out now 10 weeks put us in mid June. If the plants are ready then go for it. They may get a bit ragged at the end if we get a hot June but the quality will be good even if the heat starts to flare and open the buds.
    <--- Time out of Mind = Steely Dan in the headphones. :)
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. [​IMG]

Tiny 1/2 inch long caterpillars going at my newest seedlings. Little bastards, DIE SHITTERS !!!
    BT to the rescue. Crushed the 5 I found and sprayed.
    BNW

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Good to know I didn't have some kind of freak caterpillars I had the same thing going on with my vegging plants. I thought they only targeted the flowers.....I've been picking them out by hand thinking it's some sort of anomaly guess the vegging plants have to get sprayed as well. Thank you for this.