So Cal Growers Unite

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by AloeRuss, Dec 7, 2013.

1. If you grow up in a place with months long snow and cold it's not the same attitude that a local who grew up in So Cal.
    It makes Snow and Winter something special when your normal Christmas days are in the 80s and you've never seen it snow.
    We always try and come up for a snow event as even in my 60s it's still magical to see it snow. Helps I'm so stoned I'm tripping so it's all trails in my vision.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The realtor office camera looking at the hill up out of town is always good for cars slipping and sliding.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  2. i hear ya we havent seen snow since leaving michigan, man its been well over 12 years. Had some when we drove across flagstaff to get to San Diego..I dont think you ever forget the magic of snow during the holidays..we actually got some the other day my 20 yr grabbed some snowballs and putt hem in freezer bags in the deep freezer..it never gets old seeing

3. I started in FFOF many years ago. Eventually did the Organic home mix and No-Till but went back to FFOF for my vegging. It's fluffy and grows well right from the bag.

I Juice with whatever high Nitrogen fertilizer I have. FFOF Grow big usually. Wifes Tomato plant food if i'm out of FF

[​IMG]

BNW

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Since I work in 10 week cycles I cut the lowest branches from the fully vegged plants the day before they go out. then I have 3-4 weeks in the cloner and that leaves 6-7 weeks to put on as much veg as I can before they have to go out as the next set needs to take their place.
    4 times a year I get really busy then I can kick back for 10 weeks before the next one.

Once outside to flower I do no bucket brigade juicing and trust my Organic in ground sites to do the flower feeding.
    BNW

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. i do my soil strts in MG strtr mix using 1gal smarties.. once they show sex they get tp'd into no -till soil in jugs...had to bring the jugs in erly to the alcove its so windy..don't know if i can cvr them tonite..but you'd think it'd be too windy to hv frost 000_8499.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  6. thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  7. image.jpg image.jpg It’s been over 10 years since I have popped any seeds so I’m givin it a go with my TOxHNL5.

Soaked seeds overnight @ 75° in a shot of distilled water and one drop of peroxide.
    Mixed homemade VC/peat/hulls/lime and OSP to field capacity.
    Screened and rinsed perlite for the bottom of clear cups.
    Added 75° soil mix to cups then added pre-soaked seeds 3/8” deep then distilled water was added and covered each with plastic.
    All are out of range of light on a heat mat.

Everything I have done was for a reason,if there is anything I have missed please comment.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Agree, some regional forums would be cool. I'd be into a socal outdoor growers one.

9. This is it. :) So Cal Growers Unite
    I was post #2 back when this was started and the maker soon created a second So Cal unite dedicated to indoor growers but I haven't seen it active in a long while.

This thread survives and is a mix of all styles and more a local hangout for the greater area.
    I veg inside and flower outside year round. Papa runs a mix of inside and out.
    oci does outside under LED. Doc does soil and outdoor Hydro. You name it and I think we have somebody pulling it off.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. [​IMG] Love this plant.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks for the invite to SoCal Growers- I lived 40 years in Santa Barbara, but was a little too young to grow my own meds at the time.:gc_rocks:

• Like Like x 3
  12. @numero did you wrk that order out?

13. yes, Got a Francos Lemon Cheese too :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Doc whats going on with your plants they look pretty droopy bro?

15. [​IMG] any body know if this triple cheese is gonna be good ?

16. [​IMG]Uh Uh So cal lol

17. I'm guessing it might be all the rain we have been getting lately. Who knew we got rain in So Cal. lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. And the cold too...I'm just now finding how susceptible to fungus problems some strains really are. Especially all these hype strains. I got a Forbidden fruit in Veg about 2 feet tall that was perfectly healthy before all this rain that looks like it is damping off (half the branches just wilted). It's times like this I wish there were some clone strains available down here that were bred to not be so susceptible to them. I'd love to get a cut of some of those strains Mean Gene runs up in Mendocino near the coast.

19. Us Native Californians are rare as Hens teeth it seems. I grew up a couple towns East of Pasadena not far from Santa Anita Racetrack.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Where’s the inland empire love at :D